Chapter 14

You really couldn't stand this anymore. Everyone kept coming at you like you were some punching bag, and it got to be a nuisance. Your eyes burned into this thing's eyes, and you just glared in response to his ominous comment. He pulls out a knife and proceeds to try and stab your shoulder, but before he can, you have already pushed him aside and straddled him instead. You pin both hands above his head, and knock his knife across the white area around you. Keeping him pinned, you begin to laugh.

"Unless you plan to really kill me, I'm not gonna succumb to however you monsters plan to play with me." You keep him held in place while he struggles against you.

"Oh, honey, you don't have even the slightest idea of how monstrous we can be. Don't tempt me, or you'll regret life more than ever." Your eyes widen as he slowly turns into a static shadow, and he soon completely disappears.

You stand and search around for him, until you realize he is now with Sally. The young girl is banging on his chest, yelling at him to let you go. It isn't until you notice the knife, neglected on the floor in front of you, that you realize what you could do. Smiling at yourself, you pick the weapon up. This was the perfect chance. You take another breath just as you did at your last attempt, and reel your hands back.

"Oh how sweet this will feel," you feel goosebumps trail up your spine into your arms, and you let out another laugh before plunging it into your chest.

You hear Sally let out a bloodcurdling scream, and the elf-man immediately transports back into the TV realm. The knife embedded into your chest hurt like hell, but somehow you felt reborn. You feel tingling in your hands and feet, then you collapse. The man watches with worried eyes, but starts to snicker in a knowing sense. You bring your hands up to your face. Your hands were blinking? Almost in a video game context. Next thing you know, you manifest above the man, and fall back onto the floor.

"You really thought killing yourself on my playing field would work? I can kill you hundreds of times and all you would to is respawn," he snaps his fingers, and you static outside of the TV, "but I'm sure you've figured that out by now."

Sally runs up and hugs your hips, her head resting in your stomach, "I thought you were dead! BEN, you're so mean. So, so mean."

BEN merely lets out a dry laugh, and transports himself back into the TV. You sit back onto the couch, and lay back. You let out a sigh, and close your eyes, your head resting on the edge of the couch. When you open your eyes again, Toby's face takes over even your peripheral vision.

"Hey, buddy, personal space still exists." you sneer and push his head away with your index finger.

"You gotta stop with this nonsense. You can't keep attempting when I haven't even had the chance to inflict any harm on you." Toby walks around the couch to stand in front of you.

You choose to stay quiet. Who is he to order you around? So what if you want to die, he's the one not living up to his status.

"I should be able to kill you in my sleep, yet all you do is bring me memories I should forget." He ran a hand through his hair, pushing his hood down.

"I don't even know what you're talking about, freak." You hold a cold stare into his goggles.

"That's rich, coming from the suicide-obsessed asshole," he wasted no time coming up with an insult, "All you ever do is sulk about how terrible life is, but you have no idea the pain we've all been through."

"At least I'm not a coward who won't show his face let alone do his job right," you smirk as you watch him tick.

"I'm not a coward," he stood rigid, then pulled off his facial accessories, "I'm just smart in not revealing my identity."