Chapter 16

Both your lips move in sync, meshing together in a perfect mess. Toby's hands previously caging your head now cupped the sides of your face, pulling you up into a deeper kiss. Your own hands remain in their respective positions, but you begin to run the one hand through his hair and behind his neck, effectively initiating an even stronger kiss (was that even possible?).

Part of you wanted to push away, but a larger part knew this felt insanely right. How in the world did you manage to makeout with a killer? Your killer, for that matter. Neither of you cut the kiss short, but no matter how much you breathed out through your nose, more kept escaping. Toby cuts first, but you still feel him lick his lips and sigh against your own parted lips. When you open your eyes, he's already looking into yours. You watch as his face goes from pleased to a deer caught in headlights. His body stiffens, and he pushes himself off of you.

"Why did you do that?" he stutters over his words, and looks around nervously.

"Why did you?" you scramble to your feet, and begin to walk back towards the room you'd been doomed to for what seemed like all eternity.

You hear him mumble and frantically grab your arm. He pulls you back, then keeps both hands on your shoulders. His eyes scatter your upper body, and land on your lips. He licks, then slightly bites his lips. Realizing his intentions, you decide to beat him to it, and lean in again. Your lips immediately flow together, but this time, he initiates a deeper kiss with his tongue. When the tip hits you, you waste no time in joining in. As your tongues begin to mesh together for some magic, your ears get hot and flustered. His hands are, again, on your cheeks, and one slides into your hair. You breathe into the kiss, trying to mask the noise destined to emerge. Your own hands were already on his collar, but now they rest on his chest.

The pit of your stomach felt more active than ever, butterflies surely flying it up in there. You weren't positive whether it had been the mere exposure effect, or if you found him attractive and kept it embedded in your mind, but it was there without fail. You knew, no matter what, he would most likely still accomplish his goal, but you felt at peace with that. Might as well have fun before you both reach a common goal, right? It was perfect.

This time, you pull away first, and wait for Toby to look up. He, rather than looks, removes your hands, and walks away. Grabbing his hatchets on the way out, he (almost) storms out, making sure to slam the door for a big effect. You laugh, and sway around towards the stairs. Your mind had been clouded, and it suddenly began to feel as though you had been here your whole life. Static resonated lowly in your ears, but you began to feel comfort in the noise. Honestly? You couldn't even remember your own name anymore.