Chapter 29

You weren't surprised to see Toby perform his famous disappearing act once you woke up. The excessive amount of blankets and pillows still surrounded you, but it still felt cold without him next to you. You sigh, and push the comforting cloths off of you. It was time to shower, since you couldn't remember the last time you took one. You think back to the times you would shower daily, but now you could barely remember what happened every day.

Taking your things to the bathroom, you jump into the shower. It felt so warm, and you almost took showering as a luxury. It felt so invigorating, feeling the suds all over your body roll off.

After the shower, you change into whatever sweatpants and long sleeved t-shirt you could find. After drying your hair, you return to your room in order to move Toby's things. You began to fold everything and place blankets and pillows on top of each other.

"What're you doing?" your heart skipped a beat, not expecting him to be behind you.

"Giving these back," your voice rose in question, "you need them to sleep."

"I wasn't done sleeping here, though," you could've sworn he sounded like he was holding back a childish whine.

"What do you mean?...Don't you...want your bed?" you stand awkwardly, picking at the stitches on the blankets.

"I...heh...you're right I do want my bed. Thanks." he hurried toward you, grabbed his things, and left.

Weird. Why would he want to sleep here again? You brush it off, and walk downstairs to fill your stomach. Jack is down there, eating something bloody. You tried to look away, but he was so mesmerizing. You could just barely see his pale skin and his sharp teeth. A long tongue emerges, wrapping around the bloody object. He slurps it, and looks up to you. He smirks. Yikes.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to stare," you rush past him, hearing him hum in response.

You rummage through the fridge, but there was basically nothing there?

"Here, you haven't eaten in a few days, don't go eating something too intense." he hands you a simple bagel, and points to spreads in the fridge.

You smile at him, and toast it while you choose a spread flavor of your interest. Just as the ringer sounds, you've chosen a spread. It took you less than three minutes to add the spread and down both halves of the bagel.

"Someone's hungry."

Masky. You hadn't heard that voice in a while.

"It's been some time since the last meal, how could you blame that appetite?" you grin at Jack's response, but start to feel self-conscious.

Masky hums, adjusting his mask. He reaches into the fridge, popping open some type of beverage you hadn't seen before. Upon seeing the beverage, you feel your mouth water. God, were you thirsty. All this time crying and you didn't have a drop of water. How the heck were you alive? You kept an eye on him gulping, finding you gulping yourself. Jack snickers at you, as Masky slams the empty bottle onto the counter.

"Ya know, (Y/N), I cant tell if that's a look of thirst in the literal way, or the dirty way." you feel your face grow hot, and you clear your throat.

"You wish. I just want some water is all." you look down to the ground, hoping something would save you from such an embarrassing comment.

Masky places a finger under your chin, lifting your head up. You were now face to face with his mask, those petit black lips inches from your own.

"I wouldn't mind some lovin from someone with a body like yours. Why don't we get a lil cozy in my room? I'll show you how rough a real killer can be in the bedroom." every word sounded like honey dripping from his tongue, and you almost felt something from it. Almost.

Just before you opened your mouth with a snarky response, he was pulled back by his jacket collar.

"Ah, you know you shouldn't play with my victims, T-"

"Finish that sentence, and I'll show you a world of pain, Toby," he sneers, and you could feel tension building, "You know how it works. They immortalize, they're no game. You can't call dibs on killing a soon-to-be killer who can't even permanently die."

"Is killing really what I'm talking about, though?" Toby chuckles. You and Jack make confusing eye contact.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Masky finally shrugs Toby off his jacket.

"Nothing, nothing, T-" Masky whips his head just as Toby stutters over what you assumed was his name? "Heh, anyway. Touch my victim again, and I'll end you. You know I get creative when I'm angry, hm? You remember those good ole days, right Masky?"

Something in Toby changed. His persona seemed much darker, and his vocal range dropped lower than you assumed he had. Similarly, Jack didn't dare move, almost frozen in fear? No, impossible. But, Masky also seemed motionless. Why was he being so protective over you?

"You have dibs. Won't happen again, promise, bud."

Masky rushed away, pushing Jack in front of him. You were left with Toby, but the tension merely grew since their leave.

"Those pricks," Toby's neck cracked as he neared you, "trying to get close to my...things" he laughed, hand caressing your face.

In a flash, Toby jumps with an 'oh!' and grabs both your hands in excitement.

"Let's go, I want to show you something!" without an answer, he drags you out the door, and into the woods.