Chapter 36

Another disappearing act. What a surprise. You pull the covers off you, immediately getting a rush of frigid air. Sucking in a sour breath, you rush to get back into clothes to run to the bathroom. Just as you raise your hand to knock on the door, it opens, revealing a damp haired Toby. He smiles at you, and opens his mouth to say something, but you can't seem to hear the words leaving his mouth. You cock your head to the side, and watch his mouth move, but you hear nothing. What?

Toby seemed to notice you not talking, and not even responding to his words. He scrunched his eyebrows in anger, but you still don't know what's going on. That was when you heard the low hum of static, and find your breath running short. Your eyes widen, and you feel a tickle coming from your right jaw. Reaching a hand up, you touch blood. Toby grabs your wrist, and his eyes widen as well. The static gets progressively louder, and you have to bite your lip to hold back screaming. Toby starts screaming at the air, and pulls you into a hug.

This was too much. You push Toby away, and grab at your head. Make it stop, you had to make it stop. It was quite literally deafening, and it gave you terrifying goosebumps. You look around, please, make it stop. You look to the bathroom, surely, there was something there! You rummage through the drawers, and find nothing. You drop to the floor, screaming as it got louder. You couldn't even hear your own screams. All you knew was that your mouth was agape, and could feel the vibration of your vocal chords as the scream left you.

That was when you saw the door. It was perfect. You crawl over to it, banging your head into the door, over and over again. Toby is still screaming to the air, but you're too focused on the door and the ringing to notice anything else. You feel a trickle of blood tickle your nose, but it didn't even satisfy you. The static still shook your mind, throbbing head unbearable. You need it to stop, please. It was so horrible, so insanely painful.

You claw at the hands prying you off the door, and bite at the fingers blocking your scream. You're being lowered into someone's back, and their arms snake around your torso and neck. Regardless of your persistence, the arms tighten, specifically around your neck. You hadn't realized the black dots dancing around your screen until everything went black, and your ears cleared for one second before you black out.

"I'm so sorry..."