16

Welcome back and I hope you enjoy this chapter! I at first wasn't going to add the part where Kai slaps Asano, and only have her yell at him, but after reading a certain comment I changed my mind~

As Kai walked into school beside her boyfriend as per their usual morning routine, they came across Asano and his friends preparing to go meet with the principal from what it seemed. Karma cracked his knuckles and started marching towards them, but Kai held a hand in front of him to stop his movements. He looked at her annoyed and confused before he saw the look in her eyes which was very angered and serious... Not exactly a look you see Kai sporting everyday. "Watch it, Karma-kun. You can beat Asano-san during finals. I, however, probably won't get to have that satisfaction. Let me at least have this little victory." She said and that was when he knew that falling back and watching from the side was the best option for him as he smirked and nodded in agreement.

"You think you can handle all of 'em, Kai-hime."

"Oh please, you know I've dealt with far worse opponents."

"You've got that right. Well, if you're so sure of yourself, show 'em what for K-chan!" Karma hyped his girlfriend up as she beamed and thanked him for his support before growing serious again and walked over to stand in front of Asano and his squadron, Karma standing beside her and a step behind her as the group looked up at them curiously.

"Kai-chan, hey! Huh? What're you two doing together? I thought the news around school was that you two split up and refused to talk-" The strawberry blonde started with a smirk before Kai cut him off by slapping him in the face. The whole group across from them was shocked as Asano slowly turned his head back to face Kai's direction, a large red hand print on his cheek. The male was too frozen in shock from the fact that she had actually slapped him to say anything back, or notice that her hands had a slightly cold feeling to them.

"How dare you tamper with our relationship Asano-san! For what purpose did you have to stoop so low as to break us apart? Was it for your own sick and twisted satisfaction? Or maybe for your grades? Whatever it may be, I'll have you know that there is no acceptable reason for you to do such a thing! It's inhuman and I suggest you rethink your course of action if you really think those dirty and cowardly tricks will get you anywhere, let alone help you to beat us! We saw through your little ruse and now we're back and better than ever.-" Kai started before smiling and grabbing Karma's hand, holding it up for them to see with a prideful look in her eyes, making Karma hold his free hand up to his face to hide his growing smile and blush from them. What? He thought it was cute how proud she was to be with him and to have him back. Kai then used her free hand to reach down and 'pick a flower' from the ground before turning around beside Karma.

"So prepare yourself, Asano-kun, because you'll never know when we'll strike back... Whether it be in finals or otherwise." The black haired girl said with a small smirk as she walked off with Karma hand in hand up the mountain towards her satellite campus. Her smirk widened when she heard yells coming from behind her.

"Huh!? Where the hell did all this ice come from!?"

"What!? It's wrapped around my legs!"

"Mine too! That means we're stuck to the floor! But- But how?"

"Asano-kun, say something! Do something! Anything!"

"..." The male didn't respond because he was still a little in shock from the smack, placing a hand on his reddened cheek as he thought over Kai's words. Maybe, just maybe, Asano went a little too far this time around.

The next day when E-class got into their classroom that morning they were informed by Sugino that the classes on the main campus were now being tutored on the material by the principal himself! Koro-sensei wasn't going to let that stop him from setting a goal for his students, however, and asked them once again to place in the top fiftieth margin. He believed that due to their overall progress during the year, it made sense that they should actually be able to reach those placements this time. Kai was a little worried especially since she had sort of challenged him earlier that morning. Karma could tell she was worried and tapped her shoulder, mouthing to her that he'd help her study as he did in the past, and promising to make sure she gets a high score this round. She couldn't help but chuckle and mouth back a thank you for his help before turning back to the class.