21

Welcome back! Let's get straight into this!

Koro-sensei explained that the moon explosion wasn't even really his fault, more so was it the fault of a lab rat. Then after that he took the chance to escape the lab facility and take Yanasigawa's eye as well as Aguri's life in the process. He never meant to get her killed, but the security system had failed and ended up shooting her down. Luckily long before that point a certain male of the Kenda family had left the facility and was on his drive home with his wife to his daughter who was asleep at the time, seeing that the building had crumbled to bits on his way there, his eyes widening as he did. He stopped the car and stared at the building and remembered he mistakes he made in that building and wondered what could've caused the places destruction as his wife piped up and yelled at him about what he was looking at, why he wasn't driving, and that brought him back to his senses making his face become stern once again as he looked back at the road and continued on down the path towards his home.

Kai looked into her open palm for a moment before closing it at the thought of what her father had gone through day in and day out to actually keep her secrets from the outside world and even herself. She realized that she still had a duty to uphold before March unless she wanted all the work he went through and all of the work she went through to get him back was gone for good. Kai knee what she had to do, but now- Now it was far more evident and she felt a small sadness in her heart because she knew that in order to achieve the life she wanted to have after everything was over, she would need to kill one of the most important people to her, the one who gave her the strength to go through with those decisions and life choices in the first place... Koro-sensei.

After getting water and spending her break with her boyfriend, best friend, and father, the girl ended up in the hospital room that's Kayano was staying in. Once everything went down Koro-sensei refused to let her just go home afterwards and sent her to the hospital for break and was only to be let out once the new term began or something along those lines. Kai stood beside Nagisa as he apologized for kissing the girl as she forgave him and hid under blankets, making Kai giggle as her ship slowly started sailing away. She then took her own opportunity to apologize. "Kayano-chan? I know now probably isn't the best time, but I wanna apologize too."

"You're apologizing too? For what?" The green haired female said as she peeled out from under the covers of her hospital bed.

"I wanted to apologize for misjudging your character, both literally and figuratively. I never really talked with you much over the course of this year because I felt as if you were hiding something. Like there was something off about you. Once I found out what it was I realized how silly it was of me to avoid forming a bond with you over something like that. I know now that I missed out on a great opportunity and that you were only trying to be a good sister." Kai started as she bowed to Kayano.

"Please, forgive me. I want to make this last term memorable and maybe even make it a chance to start over if you'd allow it?" Kai suggested as Kayano giggled in her spot under her blankets.

"Huh? What's so funny?" Kai asked as she glanced up at the girl who was beaming at her.

"Of course I forgive you! You were only apprehensive about a strange girl you've never met before, and rightfully so. It doesn't matter now and it's water under the bridge! We're all friends here and I'd like to think it's better now than never right?" She asked her and Kai stood up straight once again and smiled as she nodded in agreement.

"Awesome!" Kai exclaimed as Kayano shyly asked her if she could borrow a certain manga she had at home.

"Manga!? How did you know that I have that stuff!? Who told you, I-"

"Nagisa-kun told me."

"Nagi-kun! How could you?"

"Oh c'mon Kai-chan. By now it's common knowledge that you're an otaku."

"Mhm~" Everyone in the room hummed in agreement.

"Seriously? Was it that obvious?"

"Yep!"

"Aw man~" Kai whined as she reluctantly agreed to lend Kayano the book when she got back to class as they all agreed to leave for the time being.

"Bye, Kayano-chan! See you in class!" Kai exclaimed with a beam of excitement, happy to get someone else into the same series she is so that they could fangirl together as Kayano held a hand out of the blanket she wrapped herself in to wave at Kai and the others as they left. 'Too bad Karma-kun couldn't have been here today... I think he said he was going to be with his family for a little while for a bit of family time so she couldn't really ask him to come out or intrude on such times.' She thought with an internal sigh. Sure, his family loves her, but every now and again a family wants time alone with their kin. When they finally got back into the classroom Kai brought the manga to Kayano as she had promised and the two began to read it in class together, finally bonding like two young girls should. It made the two happy to finally be considered true friends, no act to put a barrier between the two anymore. I think Kai was the more happy one of the two and mostly for Kayano's sake. She understood what it meant to hide things and put up an act, a front, cause she had done it almost all of her life due to her powers and now she saw someone else come out of their shell. It felt like she was watching herself from another point of view and she was so glad to see Kayano doing this for herself because the feeling of being alone and feeling as if you're someone else for most of your life isn't very fun. It's fun to feel freed, like how it finally could be for the two.

Right as they finished up reading the manga together they began discussing the different characters and such, only to be interrupted by Nagisa who had gathered the class together outside. The two shrugged and put the manga on the desk in front of them for the time being before following Nagisa outside. The class asked him what was up and he explained that if possible, maybe they should all try to save Koro-sensei instead of kill him?

I hope you've enjoyed the chapter and I'll cya next chapter~