PART ELEVEN

Zara Larson - Ain't my fault

CHIN UP AND A CASUAL STROLL that's how I entered the school that day. Sashaying in wasn't a problem for me, It didn't hurt also that I had Cara next to me and right now she was looking like she could give one mean punch to anyone who bothered us, exclusively me.

The stares and whispering did bother me a bit. As I strode in students all around me would look at me for a bit the bend their heads to whisper to their friends as if I had just escaped from area 51, subtle much. Yes, that part that was unnerving.

Did I lay down and cower in fear?

I don't think so.

The school wasn't much different than I remembered it, maybe a few minor changes. I don't want to get into the boring details and description of my school, it's like any old regular private school o can tell you that. So, just a bit like a normal school with a few fancy details.

I even saw some lower school students in their uniforms staring at me. Wow, I'm famous. You know what they say no publicity is bad publicity. Besides, it's just a head injury guys, it happens to a million people everyday so get your life.

As I start to go to the locker I remember as mine. Cara grabs me, rolls her eyes and starts directing me to my actual locker. Boy am I glad I have her here. I lock eyes with one of the Juniors as I pass by remembering the time I had to wear uniform. I sure I'm glad I'm a senior. From eight grade up no one wears uniforms to school. We rarely even see the lower schoolers here. Only from time to time.

Cara delivers me safely to my locker and tells me she's going to get some things from hers. She gives me direction to my first period since we don't have the same one wishes me good luck and tells me to text her if I need absolutely anything. Sometimes I think she's too nice.

So here I am standing alone at my locker. I thought getting into my locker would be a problem but I decided to try out my old locker combination and alas! It works. I'm so happy I never change anything. You know, except standard stuff like clothe and under wear. Uh... Et cetera.

I take an unecessary long time to grab all I need from my locker and put my special lunch and medication in there. Mom made Bart pack it for me I guess as I found it in my back pack.

I take my time with my locker stalling turning around and meeting the overly curious and sympathetic eyes of my peers, I also dread walking alone to class. Knowing my classmates they probably think I can barely remember my name. Wonder how long it took for the news of my domestic accident to spread in the school.

I sigh, preparing to turn around and just face it.

"Hello, my love."

I hear a familiar melodic voice say from behind me. With probably the goofiest smile ever I  turn to the direction of the voice and see Alai standing right next to me.

"Ali!!!" I squeal as he wraps me in the Squishiest bear hug ever.

"Cough cough," For the first time I notice Tristan standing next to Alai. Oh oops. I feel kinda guilty not noticing my boyfriend there. Who says cough cough by the way? Tristan just rolls his eyes and shrugs like whatever go ahead. Awww...

I glance back at Alai who seems not to have noticed our telepathic eye communication. Wow, little Alai's all grown up. He looks so adorable I could just eat him up his red hair was even curlier than I remember and damn those brown eyes. Awww, I didn't think he'd grow up to look this good, his tan skin and cheekbones all seemed to work for him. I also noticed he outgrew his freckles. He used to be so self conscious about them and his curly hair but now. I don't think he has anything to be self conscious about. I give him one more squeeze for good measure and out of the corner of my eyes I see a muscle twitch in Tristan's jaw. Huh... Must be reflexive or something.