PART FOURTEEN

Fireboy DML - Like I do

"Hey..." He sits next to me on the floor where I'm currently sitting knees to my chest and head bent over. "You're going to be fine you know."

" Okay," I answer not looking up.

"I made you some hot cocoa." He says trying to coax me to looking up. "Whipped cream, marshmallow, chocolate chunks and all. Just how you like it." He adds when I don't respond. He sighs and sets it down next to him.

Sigh. " I don't know what to say... I mean, I don't know. This is all so complicated..." He adjusts and turns to me, stroking my hair.

"Girlfriend..." He calls tentatively and that brings a chuckle out of me.

"I don't know what happened, if I did I'd tell you. I wish I did. But, but... I know you and I know you tell me absolutely everything. I wish ... I'm so confused.
I don't know. I don't want to lie to you. I know u weren't being yourself before the accident.
You were sad, a lot and I don't know what happened.
But I know I don't believe the things she says. Cause I know you, and frankly and you seemed more angry at me than at anyone.
So what I'm just trying to say in this terrible pep talk is. I'm here, I'm still here, no matter what. I'll always be here..." I pull my head up, staring at him.

He chuckles. "Yeah, I know that was horrible."

"No shit." I reply, feeling a tinsy bit better.

"It worked though." He adds smugly.

"Shut up."

"We'll figure it out." He says taking my hand in his, comforting me more than he could imagine.

I know... I wanted to add but I couldn't find my voice.

••••

"Haha, get away from me weirdo!" I squeal, throwing popcorn at Tristan and running.

We are... Or should I say we were watching Joker, you know just having a regular movie night. When Tristan burst into laughter in the middle of the movie and just kept on. For those of you who haven't seen joker. The lead actor has a condition where when he feels sad or something he bursts into laughter and can't control it.

So Tristan being a weirdo felt like it was the right attitude for him to emulate and just kept on laughing for like 10 minutes distracting me from the movie. Being the innovative genius I am I decided to you know put a sock in it ... Literally. But it totally backfired and he started tickling me. Now we have completely abandoned the movie and I am fighting for my dear life.

I jerk as I feel the sudden increase in my heart rate, feeling that I'm being watched from every angle.

Okay... Okay... Calm down Aria. It's nothing. This is a dangerous game to play, why did you have to anger him...

As I'm mentally chastising myself I feel a shadow cloud me and I immeadiately run out of harm's way.

"I got you now." He smiles menacingly. "Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide." Yes, Tristan. Go for the overkill.

I try to think fast as he comes closer and I'm backed into a tight corner of the room.

"Don't come near me!" I say bravely. Atta girl.

"Oh yeah..." He replies dismissively coming even closer. "Why?" He asks with a shrug. At this point he's already invading my personal space.

"Bubbah..." I falter.

"Yeah," He answers quietly, still moving closer.

We're sharing air! My head screams. This feels so wrong yet just right.