Shoulders

1. Nate

I watched as her shoulders start to relax under my touch, she trusted me. Trusted. I was sitting on her (hovering) shirtless back rubbing lotion. Mesmerized by her shoulders.

And I guess it was something as simple as her shoulders, she felt insecure about them always complaining they were too wide, I suppose to her they looked "manly" (in her words of course) but to me they looked just perfect.

Her shoulders gave everything away, as in her emotions, when she was anxious she would straighten them in hopes to make herself feel confident, when she was comfortable she would let them slouch, not caring how they'd looked.

Not getting to see her and her weird fucking shoulders every morning after we'd make love made me fucking angry to this day. I am the one who fucked shit up for us, leaving her and breaking her heart.

It all started when I met Maddy, Maddy at first was everything to me, I had a girlfriend and she was that girl everyone wanted, or so I thought, one look my way and I pulled her into the janitors closet, kissed her hard and it began quickly after that. I didn't really care if she found out, I was sloppy after all, and after ignoring her texts for one whole week, and coming into school hand in hand with Maddy, I had foolishly drowned two years with her down the drain.

I still remember that look on her face, as her best friend hugged her and quietly dragged her to the stalls while Maddy threw an innocent smirk her way. It was a dick move, a move that made me want to punch myself over and over.

But I was too seduced by Maddie to even care. I guess it was three months into my relationship with Maddy when I started realizing I missed her. I had her in four of my classes originally and in all she sat in front of me.

I would stare at the back of her head everyday and daydream about all the times we had together, ignoring my pinging phone during those periods. And I think as the semester took a turn she changed her classes because I ended up only having one class with her.

And within those three months I stopped caring for Maddy, knowing exactly when she lied and the reason she lied. But I guess three months turned into six and the into nine and I was still with Maddy, on and off but still with her.

Maddy is beautiful I can't even lie on that but I guess I never really loved her. I didn't when I took her supposed virginity away, I guess that's why I never care when she sleeps with someone else in attempts to get me jealous. That's why I don't care that she's fucking someone in a pool at a party I threw. I'm throwing a fucking fit, but not because of Maddie, but because I over drank and was being a simping ass bitch.

Maddy used to make me feel like I could rule earth but she made me feel like I could take over the world.