Found

11. Nate Jacobs

He sighed slumping over one of the only pieces of furniture, a king sized bed, he was high as hell and he loved it, he however hated how his stomach grumbled and he felt instant hunger. He also knew the fridge only had water and jam. He was hardly ever in the small studio and it was almost empty, with just basic necessities that certainly did not include food.

He fell leaning his head back, frowning at the thought of his dad, he hated him with passion- all he felt was rage towards him.

He hated Cal Jacobs and everything he stood for, he was a white homophobic privileged piece of shit.

And Nate hated him- he was fucking bisexual and he came to terms with it, he accepted it- for now, for tonight at least, but it was a start. A small push. It was a push to start embracing himself- he was tired of the toxic masculinity he represented. His thoughts were interrupted by his phone ringing- he quickly answered not checking the caller ID.

"What?" He snapped rolling his eyes.

"C-can you come outside?" She spoke softly and unsurely. He calmed himself down, smiling at the fact that she had actually made an appearance and quickly said okay, rushing down the complex almost tripping on the way.

She stood outside her bright yellow buggy, wearing a hoodie- his hoodie (which by the way he smiled at) and spandex shorts holding a bag.

"Hi." She smiled out once she saw him. He felt giddy, not like the usual giddy he got once he saw her but extra fucking giddy- like a good good giddy, an A plus plus giddy.

"Thank you for coming." He smiled down at her smaller self.

"I'll always come," she said it in a way that was so simple yet they meant a lot to him.

"You reek of weed." She interrupted his daze.

"I- sorry?" He frowned not wanting to disappoint her but dismissed his thoughts grabbing some of the stuff she had in her hand, then waited for to take another bag out of her car before walking alongside him to the small complex.

"Is this your dads?" She asked in a small voice, the mention of his dad caused him to tense slightly before he relaxed.

"No, my mom gifted it to me, it's small but I like it." He watched as she nodded slightly before handing him a bag that read 'Chipotle' and he felt himself mentally nut, he definitely had munchies.

"Nate it really smells in here." She whined and he couldn't help but awe.

"Yeah?" He said dumb founded, she nodded staring at him wide eyed before grabbing the bag next to her.

"I brought you a blanket because I felt like you need comfort... oh and snacks also!" He missed this side of her, she was so carefree and her guard seemed to have been put down.

"I've missed you." He muttered and she cocked her head to the side.

"You just saw me."

"I can still miss you."

"I-I yeah." Her cheeks were tinted pink and he smiled.

"Why- like how can you forgive me for what I did to you. I really don't deserve you." His eyes were wide and he hoped she wouldn't get angry at him for sharing his thoughts- although she wasn't like that he still felt the need to worry.

"How could anyone ever hate you?" He only frowned more.

"B-but I hurt you and yet you never did anything to hurt me back. I don't understand." Maybe it was the fact that he grew up in toxic household- maybe that's why he expected her to be toxic back, he didn't know- he just didn't.

"I don't hold grudges, Nate."

"Well you should." He stated.

"You're too good for you own good and I really don't deserve you." He felt a lump form once again and his eyes felt watery.

"Wh-why were you upset earlier?" She frowned, sitting down on the large bed.

"Cal." He stated, she nodded her head knowing exactly what it meant and frowned.

"D-Did he hurt you?"

"Y-yeah, I'm tired of it, you feel me?"

"I hate having fights with myself over my sexuality because of him." His voice was hoarse and low. He didn't talk about his sexuality as often but he felt comfortable doing so around her.

"You'll be free soon, Nate. One more year. And everything will change for the better." She promised, wrapping her arms around his eyes waist before pulling away gently.

"Are you still going to New Orleans after high school?" They had planned to move there when they were together to start fresh and be together but circumstances changed everything.

"It was my plan after all."