Pretty

16. Nate Jacobs

"So you have to go to Yahoo Stocks and 'invest' in a corporation, and look at how much it rises and drops and that's basically it, just write it down and copy it, it's the hardest part." He felt himself nodding looking at her as she spoke.

"Are you even listening?"

"I am." He simply shrugged.

"Is it because you were jealous yesterday?"

"I suppose so, yeah."

"So you're like in love with me or something? Since you kissed me." She stared blankly at him waiting for his response.

"I really don't want to talk about it."

"You have literally stared at the back of my head for six months straight and you don't want to talk about it?"

"I don't know how you want me to respond to that."

"Just click the link."

"I don't know how to express myself, I'm sorry. I feel like I'm too trapped with my own self hate, I love you, it's obvious. I just don't know how to tell you. I don't deserve you, it is what it is."

"Why did you cheat on me?" Her eyes began to feel heavy and she felt herself frown.

That question. The question that made him frown as well, but he was selfish.

"Because I was pretty fucking stupid."

"I don't think I should be in love with you after all you've done to me."

"You shouldn't."

"Are we about to kiss?" He couldn't help the loud laugh from coming out of lips.

"W-what?"

"I'm kidding." She laughed it off.

*

"And then she said I shouldn't love you after all you've done to me, I don't think I have a chance any time soon."

"How?" Troy and Roy said at the same time.

"She said 'I shouldn't love you' doesn't that mean she loves you then." McKay said taking a hit of the blunt being rotated around.

"I never looked at it that way, she loves me." Nate smiled widely, eyes red and droopy.

"You're so fucking whipped."

"I'm going to marry her."

"If she asked you to nut in her, would you?" Roy asked, his twin brother looking at him weirdly.

"I think yeah, I have an apartment we can have a baby there, I'd have to get a job but I feel like I could balance shit so fuck yes."

"Definitely whipped." Roy confirmed.

"I made Cassie get an abortion, I don't think she wanted too but I told  her about my career and shit and I couldn't risk that." McKay confessed, his voice low and heavy.

"Buy her flowers." Troy said, sitting up straight.

"I don't think flowers can fix that, I think you should call her and go see her. You can take her to my apartment, hotels are too tacky, no sex through just spend time with her." McKay nodded holding his hands up motioning for the keys.