Picture

4. Nate Jacobs

Nate frowned, staring at the recent picture she posted on her Instagram story.

Mushrooms.

She was coloring mushrooms, it was a hobby she enjoyed, coloring.

He remembered when they would hang out, she would be coloring and he would be either playing video games, or simply just staring at her. They didn't feel the need to always be doing something. There were plenty of days where they would just sleep in and eat all day. In a way she was his peace. Nate was always thinking- overthinking and she helped him with that. She had this thing to her that instantly calmed him.

He frowned again, she didn't follow him back.

Nate's Instagram contained three pictures. A picture of him holding a football medal with his teammates, a picture with his family where they had forced smiles, and last but not least a picture of him laying on a bed, a picture she took months before they broke up.

He had planned a trip to the beach with her, and he even rented a hotel room with the help of his dad, who for some reason approved of her.

He had many pictures in his archive, pictures of her, that he posted whenever he missed her. One of the reasons he never gave Maddy his Instagram password, he was afraid she would delete them from his archive.

He stared at his room, frowning. He was so unaware that she would be sitting in his bed within the next week.

*

His classes went by slow he was anxiously waiting for his 6th period- English class where he had her.

He rolled his eyes as he was late to his class, looking down at his phone before bumping into someone- Maddy.

"Are we really done? Because if we are you need to tell me because I have six dudes waiting to take your place!" She glared. He didn't have time, he wanted to see her. He was aching to see her.

It's like when you're in middle school and you have your crush during last period, don't you go running to that class excitedly. Even if they don't talk to you? That's exactly how Nate felt.

"I don't have time for this." He simply said trying to slip past her.

"Hold the fuck up!" She tugged at his shirt.

"You can't just leave me like this!" There was only a few people in the hallway and she was causing a scene. He didn't like that. He didn't want to be gossiped about, especially not when it had to be gossip and him and Maddy.

"Maddy stop. Please." She frowned in frustration.

"Nate I love you! Why are you doing this?" Jesus Christ could she be more dramatic, he thought.

"Maddy you're fucking crazy. You're bat shit crazy. Now move I have to get to class." He pushed past her ignoring her, not before he heard her last words.

"Whatever I dumped you." He could care less, he fixed his composure before opening the door to English class.

"Mr. Jacobs you are late." Nate ignored him sitting next to her, he felt content with the feeling.

It was like euphoria.