High

3. Nate Jacobs

His body was floating, his mind was flying. Not much made sense to him at the moment.

Nate's worries left, he forgot about everything. About Maddy, about his father, about school, yet still in his state he pictured her face.

Nate laughed, he laughed at his stupidity, he laughed at how fucked up his situation was, he laughed at how unhappy he was. He laughed because he missed her.

He loved weed, it made him happy, he was always high if he was honest but tonight was special he was high and alone. No one would be home for the weekend and he allowed himself to smoke in his room. Sure he felt lonely but that wouldn't matter as long as he had a joint attached to his lips.

Pick up the phone baby, I'm sorry, I exaggerated

Nate what the fuck you can't break up with me

He laughed at his phone, "Stupid dumb bitch."

He hated her, he hated Maddy, he wanted to be free. He wanted her to leave him the fuck alone. She was so pretty yet so fucking evil. She made him feel trapped, like if he were stuck in a coffin six feet under with no way of escaping.

And now he felt free.

Maddy was toxic, too fucking toxic. She wanted to fight, she loved to fight. She turned nothing's into something's all the fucking time. He was always there for her and she was never there for him, not during those times when he felt like life wasn't worth living, she didn't care for him. She cared for the idea of them. Maddy was dead to Nate.

His eyes pricked for the first time in a while, his happiness faded, he frowned confused, it was supposed to make him happy, he was supposed to be happy. He was supposed to be high and happy not high and sad. He was unhappy. He had no one. He was utterly alone.

Snapping out of it, he stared at his phone hard. Opening the Instagram app, the only app he wasn't blocked on, he searched her name.

His eyes hovered over her Instagram name, she had unblocked him two months ago, he didn't know why but she just did.

He looked at her pictures, frowning. She was becoming too skinny, he frowned. Hovering over the message button, he stopped himself.

He recalled the last time she laid next to him, they were peaceful. They were okay, he felt good. He felt euphoric.

In a way he couldn't do shit anymore, she was gone and not his.

He wondered about her. How was she? Was she still sad? Did she miss him like he missed her. He missed her so much. And it was all his fault.

Nate frowned for what seemed like the hundredth time that day, he really missed her. So he did what any heartbroken teenager who missed his ex-ex- girlfriend did and unlocked his phone clicking her profile and then the follow button.