Sad

10. Nate Jacobs

Nate Jacobs did not expect such a good night to turn upside down, by Cal fucking Jacobs.

It started when he came home, as soon as he walked in he knew he was in deep shit, he was proven right when Cal walked into his room.

"You may have won the game but you lost control of the team and in the long run if you don't lead you lose." Cal's voice interrupted Nate's somewhat peaceful day, provoking Nate, his voice harsh and cold. Cold just like Cal. It fit him.

He wasn't sure what made him stand up to his father, towering over him, his eyes looking for a challenge, rage filled his veins as he was frustrated.

"You need to take a step back Nate." Cals words simply added fuel to the fire, as Nate was too fucking mad.

"I said take a step back." Cal yelled attacking his son who was in the middle of reaching rock bottom and threw him onto the floor.

"Get the fuck off me!" Nate yelled furiously, disgusted by his fathers touch. "Get the..." his voice was being silenced by Cal, his aggressive father. Nate could easily take him down, he knew it there was just a deep fear of Cal. Cal shoved Nate up and threw him on top of the bed hovering over him.

"Get your hands off me you fucking faggot, get the fuck off!" He grunted as Cal shoves him down.

"Stop fighting!"

"Fuck you! Fuck you!"

"You need to stop!" Cal attempted to calm his son down, before realizing Nate wasn't going to stop any time soon.

"Fuck you!"

"You had enough?" Cal yelled back, shoving Nate.

"Get the fuck off." Nate kept attempting to take him down.

"Keep it up!" Cal yelled angered, dropping Nate down on the floor.

"Get off." Nate cried.

"You think you're tough now huh." Cal grunts, realizing Nate knew more than he let on. "Cmon Nate." He yelled louder and Nate began fighting harder, his cries echoing.

"You don't want to keep fighting!"

"Do you think you're tough now!"

"Cmon Nate!" Call yells watching his son bang his head against the floor repeatedly, before leaving him alone. (By the way Jacob Elordi got a concussion during this scene what a powerful man)

*

"H-hey." He stuttered into the phone, his hands were jittery and he felt out of place, his anxiety out of place.

"You okay?" He heard from the other line, her voice giving him a sense of relief, comfort.

"Y-yeah, I-I just can't make it tomorrow, I-I'm sorry." His throat felt thick as he began to lower his voice, he could feel his tears coming and he suddenly felt a lump in his throat.

"Nate is everything okay, what's wrong?" Nate let out a shaky breath, salty unwanted tears releasing and he hated it. He felt weak and broken. He didn't want to live the life he was living anymore.

The toxic man with a fragile masculinity Cal Jacobs forced him to be wasn't him at all.

Nate Jacobs was bisexual and the only person who knew was the girl on the other line, the girl he loved so much.

"Nate?" He heard her whisper.

"I-I'm sorry." He frowned, hanging up the phone, packing a bag and his car keys.

He arrived at a small studio, one that he owned after his mother gifted it to when he became football captain.

His frowned at the emptiness of it, and began contemplating.

The only source of happiness he felt he had was because of her and she wasn't even his, it would take a lot more to get her back, he just wasn't sure how.

She was a simple girl, while he was the difficult one, the broken one.

He sighed, standing up and decided to hit up Fez's shop- the towns drug dealer.

He felt blue and he knew Fez could tell by the way he furrowed his brows in confusion, as he picked up an Oz.

Sighing with shaken up hands he began to light up the blunt, irking for the feeling of relief to come in.

He watched it ding, which was surprisingly a message from her.

what's wrong?

He ignored it, throwing his phone to the side, he didn't deserve her, he was being selfish by barging into her life, he would probably ruin it again, just like he did many times before.

He felt sick to his stomach frowning at the now small blunt in his hand, rolling another one quickly, which was hard considering his hands were shaking and he had cotton mouth.

He glanced at his phone, surprised at another text from her.

nate?

He let out a breath he wasn't holding back, grabbing his phone quickly.

im okay.

It didn't take long for her to reply, something he didn't expect, why was she still so kind to him when he had done nothing but ruin her life and make her miserable.

He did not deserve her but she was an angel to him, he wondered if she still cared for him, if she still missed him, he doubted it but it was relieving to think she still cared. Looking down at his black iPhone, he read her message out loud.

"Want me to pick you up or go over?" He felt his heart flutter, smiling at her use of using "u" instead of actually spelling it out, he knew she hated texting, she liked talking in person more, she liked eye contact and table talk, she liked holding onto him, not in a sexual way but in a way where she'd always be touching him wether it be holding hands, hugging, or even simple touches like sitting next to him just to have physical contact with him, or at least she used to.

He knew she was different now, but she was still there, she was still the same girl he loved.

He snapped out of his thoughts once the blunt started burning his hands, glancing at his phone realizing he forgot to answer her.

He pressed 'Share My Location' and hoped for the best.

*

AN

what should her name be? like I was thinking Athena but idk yet pls help 😟