Angry

17. Nate Jacobs

Since he could remember, Nate Jacobs always had a short temper.

When he was six, he pushed his brother off the stairs after his brother stole his favorite toy.

When he was ten, he cut off a girls hair in his class after she wouldn't let him borrow her crayons.

And when he was sixteen, he beat up one of his classmates after he talked vulgarly about Athena.

His temper seemed to be controlled and he no longer felt so angry as before. He felt somewhat peaceful.

"So I think purple glittery shadow would look best on you."

"Yeah?" He smiled closing his eyes while Athena applied makeup on him.

"And maybe a bit of bronzer and high lighter- oh and mascara! And gloss."

"Will that take long, love?"

"No the brows are the hardest part but yours are like thick so I just had to put gel."

"Okay cool."

After five minutes she was done. He smiled at himself in the mirror.

"I'm so pretty." He smiled brightly.

"You are the prettiest."

"Not really. You are."

*

She walked towards her locker, frowning at the guy standing right on the side of it talking to his friends.

"Excuse me, I need to get to my locker please."

The guys ignored her continuing to talking ignoring her.

"Excuse me." She spoke a little louder clutching her notes in her hands.

"We're fucking talking. Shut the hell up."

"She said to move." Nate appeared behind her, pushing himself in front of her.

He stiffened once the guys didn't bother turning rolling their eyes.

"Move." Nate demanded, shoving himself between the guys, towering over all four of them.

"Or what?" Ryan Elderwood, a sophomore who played basketball, threatened. He was new to the school, he'd been there for about two weeks.

"Or I'm going to beat you the fuck up. Dumb fuck."

"Nate." Athena warned.

"Aren't you a faggot?" He was dead meat.

His body was thrown to the floor, Nate on top of him punching him and beating him to pulp.

"Nate stop, let's go." She pleaded, her voice sounding worried.

She grabbed his hands, seeing red all over the guys face.

"Let's go." He stood up, his eyes red and teary. Nodding at her, he watched as she held his blood stained hands. Turning back to see 'Ryan' standing up, his face bleeding, his eyes swollen.

She lead him to his truck, watching him shakily pull out his keys.

She opened her bag, pulling out baby wipes, wiping his hands clean.

"I love you." She mumbled, hugging him tightly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, he just, they were messing with you and then he called me that and I just hate it."

"It's okay, Nate."

"Thank you for defending me."

"I think I have to go to the office, and deal with this shit."

"I'll go with you?"

He nodded, grabbing her bag, carrying it for her. His hand intertwined with hers.

"Jacobs." The principle greeted him, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Look, you know the situation, it won't go on your record, but it has to seem like your suspended so just don't come back until Monday. And that's it. I'll let your mother know." The principal spoke monotonously.

"I'll tell his parents that he was threatening a girl and that he used an offensive term, that you stepped in to defend her but he shoved you and you reacted. That you're suspended and got kicked of football for now. Football finished until next year so you're good to go. No more of this Mr Jacobs."

Truthfully if it weren't for the large donation Cal Jacobs made to the school every year, Nate would be expelled but since Cal Jacobs made donations every year, he was let off with a pat in the back.

"Thanks." He mumbled, walking out with Athena besides him.

"Love that for us." She joked.

He smiled intertwining his hand with hers, admiring how good she looked.

She belonged to him.

He felt his phone buzz and continued ignoring it until she pointed at it causing him to groan and read the text messages.

maddy is on her way to fight athena this is cassie btw

nate???

look don't tell maddy i told u but athena doesn't deserve this
_

kat

Maddie wants to fight athena well she's on her way just a heads up
_

"Let's go, yeah?"

"I still have one class, silly."

"I want you to come with me," he mumbled looking around them, watching in far distance as his ex girlfriend begins getting closer.

"But- okay fine, let me just text my dad-"

"You can do it while we go to mine."

"I'm gonna beat the fuck out of you, fucking whore!" Maddy went to swing bit Nate grabbed the small girl out of the way, cause him to be hit, he didn't budge.

"Are you fucking done?" He flared.

"Not until I beat the fuck out of that whore!" She smacked him across the face. Soon the small girl behind him was straddling Maddy, punching her repeatedly.

"Don't you ever hit him again you stupid fucking bitch!" She yelled.

"F-fuck you."

Nate pulled Athena off, holding her while she clawed back.

"Touch him again, I dare you."

He burst out laughing once they got to his car.

"You just beat this shit outta her. You're so fucking bold. Holy shit."

"She hit you." She pouted checking his face for injuries.

"It's didn't hurt baby."

"Can we go now please?"