Maddy

14. Nate Jacobs

So before I start off with this chapter I'd like to say that if you do not support the black live matters movement/ protest you probably shouldn't be reading this book because I don't like racist people. And to me being neutral is in favor of the oppressor. If you do not support black lives matter kindly un-add this book from your library. Police brutality is something I have been aware of for a while- it's something that has always existed. If you do support the movement but can't protest like myself, you can donate or sign petitions. If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them- or if you are genuinely curious to why we need this movement let me know and I will answer gladly. Remember his name, it was George Floyd and he was murdered. I'm sorry if this was out of order but I'm just trying to express myself here- if you need links for petitions let me know and I will link some for you.

Also the reason I have been lacking updates is due to family problems and school, I am graduating the 12 and have to catch up with work.

All the love.
*

"Here is the stupid video." Maddy frowned.

"Thank you." It felt awkward, I didn't think she'd still give it to me.

But here I was the day after, at 3 am in the morning picking up the stupid video.

"I'm sorry." She cried out, her voice quivered and she covered her face with her hands.

"Don't cry, Maddy." I try to console her but it's no use.

Her small sobs make me cringe and I'm just standing here awkwardly watching her break down.

"I'm not worth your time, Maddy. Please."

"I love you, I really do. I'm sorry for being so toxic to you." Her voice was shaky.

"It wasn't meant to be, I'm sorry." I begin to walk away, the video in my hands.

"But I-I love you and it's not fair." I pause turning back to her, feeling slightly guilty. She looked vulnerable.

"Maddy we aren't good for each other."

"Because you love her?" She sounded bitter but I understood why, I was leaving her and she wasn't taking it well.

"Yeah, that's exactly why. I'm sorry." She glared at me, her tested stained face replaced by anger.

"How long?"

"I don't know Maddy," I paused, "Since forever, I never stopped. I'm sorry. I have to go." I hop into my truck watching her yell out that she hates me.

Poor girl.

We both needed to get professional help.

At least in my part I do.

But I felt like in a way Maddy did as well, her constant lies came natural, she's toxic, and extremely manipulative.

I on the other hand an probably worse.

I pulled up to my little studio, which was now a bit more decorated. I had done a few twitches now that Ellie was part of my life. I wanted it to give it a more homey feel- I guess. It was also for my self, my house often feels too cold and empty. The tension is thick and tense.

Cal Jacobs ruined it all in a way.

*

"You're staring again." She smiled.

"You're pretty." I shrugged.

"I got the video back last night." She looked up from her coloring book.