INTERLUDE 8

Sheethal started working in AR as Arnav had offered her a job. She went to AR, daily, with Arnav and Anjali and he also dropped Aarav to his school.
*At the breakfast table
Anjali: "Chote I'll be late to office."
Arnav: "I already told you, Di. It is your office. You don't have to tell me." Anjali smiled at that.
Anjali: "Chote can you drop Me and Khushiji to the temple, on your way? "
Arnav: "Sure Di. But come fast."
Khushi went to her room to get her purse.

She ran to the car and was about to open the front passenger seat door when she saw that it was already occupied. Sheethal turned to look at her with a smug smirk. Khushi was taken aback. She looked at Arnav.
Arnav: "What are you waiting for? Get in, already!"
She went to the back seat and sat along with Anjali and Aarav. Anjali was talking animatedly to Aarav, while the boy was simply smiling and giving brief answers. 'Just like Arnav' She mentally scoffed.

############################################

She looked at Arnav, to see his tight hold on the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white. His face was blank, but she knew, he wanted to throw Sheethal out of the car. And Aarav, his smile was not as bright as it usually was. He too didn't like Sheethal taking her seat. She held back a chuckle. She knew that she'll have a hard time calming the two down, later.

#########################################

*Few days later.
Sheethal: "Arnav, can I have a half day leave today?"
Arnav: "Half day? But why?"
Sheethal: "Woh.... I have to pick Aarav from school."
Arnav: "But he has school till evening, right?"
Aarav: "It's father's Day function at school. Everyone have to bring their father." He said in a sad tone. Khushi clenched her fist at the hopefulness lacing it.
Anjali looked at Aarav's sad face, thought for a second and turned to Arnav.
Anjali: "Chote... You attend the function with Aarav."
Khushi: "Di?"
Anjali: "Don't worry Khushiji. Everyone will believe that he is Aarav's father. After all Aarav is really similar to Chote."
Arnav: "Sure Di."
Khushi looked at Aarav to see a full blown smile and the rest of the family were chatting away, as if what just happened was perfectly normal.

Khushi went to Aarav's school after work. She walked into the auditorium to see her husband rocking the stage with his son. And soon she heard the announcement. "And the winner of the competition are...... Aarav Singh Raizada and his father. Arnav Singh Raizada." The Raizadas cheered loudly, not even minding the fact that Aarav was called Aarav Singh Raizada.
Aarav hugged Arnav: "Thanks Dad."

############################################

She looked at the duo with a wide smile. She was rather worried, about the plan. But her husband was sure about the plan. He asked Aarav to act in front of Sheethal, how 'both his parents were too busy to attend the function, as usual'. And Sheethal said that the Raizadas will attend the function. And Sheethal in turn made Anjali ask him.

But the situation partially made her depressed. She still remember how Anjali told her, how everyone will believe that Aarav is Arnav's son. Didn't she realise that she was talking to Arnav's wife? About making everyone believe that someone else's son is his?"
Is that how much she cared about Khushi's feelings.
She had panicked a bit, when Aarav's full name was announced. She even thought that their drama was over. But still no one noticed. Rather they didn't find it wrong.
This was going a bit overboard now. She was starting to feel suffocated with the family, she waited to be a part of, for a long time.