2

"One caramel macchiatto venti with a chocolate chip cookie on the side, thanks."

This was my everyday life. Hi, I'm Eun, Ko Eun but people call me Eun all the time. I'm a 21 year old girl who just trying to live her best life, not.

I only graduated high school, why you asked? Because I'm poor. Not really that poor but not enough to afford a college education.

So I decided to work at a young age. I've been living my life as it is since I was 18, switching jobs after another and saving up money for my needs and my future, if ever I have one.

"Unnie-deul, table 12." Hina said as she cleanly prepare the meal to be served at the table nearby, I nodded and smiled at her as she continued to attend the other customers.

I was never a bright kid back in school, I'd always sleep in class and not really socialize that much. I'm a weirdo, actually. I prefer to be alone most of the time and because of my RBF, people kind of are intimidated by my presence.

I have no family whatsoever, I was raised in a shelter home for adopted kids, all I know about my parents is that my mom died giving birth to me and my dad died in a battlefield on duty. The people who raised me said that my mom was a teacher at the shelter homes while my dad was a soldier. When I was born, it was the saddest and happiest day of their lives.

I was raised by loving elders that kept me warm, feed me and made sure that I get the education I deserved.

I started to move out when I was 18 and work at some part-times in restaurants or cafès.

At first, I wanted to save up for my college fees, I wanted to study arts since photography and drawing is my passion but later on it changed when I realized that my passion does not pay well, and it won't be enough for the future. So I ended up working everyday of my life.

"Unnie-deul, table 1. Thank you."

It's actually quiet sad when I think about it but sometimes being practical is what we need even though we don't want it.

When night came, Hina and I were cleaning the tables, ready to close up service when her boyfriend came, Jaemin.

"Hey noona." He greeted with a wide smile as he ruffled Hina's hair while the girl just smiled at him, "hey gongkitty."

"You're making me puke." I teased as Hina scoffed

"Don't be jealous, unnie." She retaliated

"Yeah, you have Hendery hyung so you don't need to be jealous of us—"

Hina elbowed him as he winced in pain, I chuckled at him and shook my head

"Hendery and I were broken years ago, Jaemin-ah."

"Eh? When? Why? Why didn't I know about this?"

"Before graduation in High School? He went back to Macau to finish studies then we just decided to end it."

"Wait so who's your new beau now?"

"I..—"

"His name is Xiaojun." Hina cut me off, "he is actually in another country, so they are having a Long-Distance relationship which is PAINFUL!"

"I know you don't like the idea, Hina, but it may actually work you know?"

"You've been cyber-dating for the past few months, unnie, it ain't real."

"It is, I trust him."

"You're hopeless." Hina said as she removed her apron and asked me mine before going inside the staff room to hang it on and get our backpacks.