Epilogue

It's been about a year since the incident. Today is Mark's 2nd death anniversary, I filed a leave on this day to pay him a visit.

I searched on the Yonsei University forum that his classmates made a memorial grave for him to commemorate him as a good friend and student.

He would always say that he has no friends but he had so many he didn't realized it.

He never really realizes what kind of impact he made to people.

I bought my notebook with me and a boquet of white roses, I was wearing a white dress as my hair flow down effortlessly on my shoulder.

Did I mentioned I got a bob-cut? Yeah, I cut my hair short, it was for me to finally let go of the past and move on.

I saw that there were a lot of people who already visited Mark today. There were many candles that are lit up on his memorial space, it was kind of dirty.

When I noticed that no one was inside, I slowly went in and placed the bouquet in front of his photo frame. I was kneeling down and smiling over at how handsome his picture looked.

It was the same smile that melted my heart a year ago.

"Hey, Mark." I called, "I'm sorry if I only came by now."

I know that no one will appear but I still wanted to talk to him.

"I got a haircut." I chuckled, "and Minhyung grew fat."

Because I know that even without Mark by my side, he is listening.

"I won't ask you how'd you've been doing because I know that you are already at peace. I will just ask you this," I took in a deep breathe and smiled "do you miss me?"

I suddenly saw a butterfly flew in front of me and landed on my finger, I slowly put it up and smiled at the creature.

"I miss you too." I said then the butterfly flew away.

I placed the notebook beside the flowers as I nodded and stood up.

"I finished writing my dreams there." I said "our memories are there."

It took me a while to finally finish writing everything, every detail, without tearing up. It was like an achievement for me. I knew by then that I already moved on and accepted it.

"I won't ever forget you, Mark." I said as I smiled at his picture for one last time, "thank you for everything."

I was walking towards the road when I heard someone call my name. I stopped and looked around, but no one was there.

I walked again and this time, dialling Hina's number to ask her to meet me in the cafè.

"Koeun!" I heard it again, someone called it again. I stopped and turned around, there was only one person who calls me like that, it couldn't be, "Koeun-ah."

I couldn't help but tear up as I saw someone running towards me.

"Yes?" I asked when the guy stopped right in front of me panting as he tries to catch his breathe. "How can I help you?"

"Koeun," he repeated then gave me a piece of paper, I noticed the similar handwriting and looked at him with wide-eyes.

It was the same handwriting that Mark left on my notebook.

‟Take care of her for me, make her happy.”
- Mark

I suddenly cried and scoff at his request. I then looked up and saw the guy handing me his handkerchief. I took it and wiped my eyes.

"My name's actually Eun. Ko Eun."

"I think Koeun suits you." He said and smiled, I returned his handkerchief but insisted on me keeping it.

"No one calls me that." Except for one

"Then I'll be the first." I suddenly remembered Mark, is this guy... "my name's Lucas by the way, I'm Mark's friend."

I smiled as I remembered that name, how can I forget? He was the one that Mark saved.

"Pleasure to meet you, Lucas."

"The pleasure is all mine, Koeun." He smiled and scratch the back of his neck, "I know Mark asked me to make you happy and take care of you but I really don't know what he meant by that."

I chuckled and shrugged, "I guess we'll never know."

"Want to get some coffee?" He asked, "I know this good cafè that serves the best chocolate cake."

I smiled and nodded, we both walked together as we were talking and remembering Mark.

Wherever you may be, Mark, I hope that you're smiling down at us. I hope that you're happy, and I hope that you'll not worry about us.

Because we'll keep our promises to you, and you will remain forever in our memories.

Fin.

Author's notes:

Author's notes: