7

I followed Lucas that day, I didn't even know why I did it, but I just did. Something inside of me wanted to know what happened with him these past year.

As I was observing him, I noticed how he changed. His hair was obviously longer and color changed, he gotten a little buffer than the last time I saw him and he completely looked professional. We reached his apartment in just a few minutes because he rode his motorbike.

It was small, like Koeun's, and dirty. He didn't lie, he never really got to unpack his stuff.

I saw that he had his luggage opened and some clothes were already hanging on the closet but mostly, it was still on the floor or on the couch.

What happened to you, Lucas?

He sat on the dining table and sighed heavily, turning his phone on as he scrolled thru his albums.

I saw a photo of me and him that was captured by our couch, we never really were close back then but we're the only same-aged on the team so it was just the 2 of us talking that time.

I saw him sigh and placed his phone on the table before turning his laptop on and typing something.

I saw that he was chatting with someone, one of my classmates if I'm not mistaken. Mina?

Lucas was asking if she'd know where I'm buried. I was also waiting for her reply but she suddenly started video chatting with Lucas.

"Doyeon told me that he actually was cremated." She said thru the screen, "and that his ashes are at his brother in Chicago."

"Does he even have any like memorial here in Seoul?" Why does he want to see me so badly?

"Why do you want to go to him after so many months, Lucas? Why now?"

"It's.." he hesitated but suddenly looked straight at her, "none of your business."

I saw Mina shook her head, "you can try going to this cemetery the batch been going to since his death. I'll send you the location."

Wait, they have a tomb for me? I didn't knew they'd go to that extent.

I saw Lucas' phone lit up, I assume Mina texted him the address. He stood up and suddenly paused then looked at my direction. His eyes widen as I also stared him down, can he see me? Can he really do?

"I'm sorry.." he said, I suddenly saw a butterfly flew towards him and I smiled, he must've felt my presence here.

But why is he sorry? What is he sorry about?

He suddenly went outside and rode his motorbike, I assume he is going to the cemetery Mina texted, I was about to go after him when I saw that it was already dark.

I suddenly remembered Koeun who I left unnoticed at the cafè. Did she already went home? Or did she went with Hina and Jaemin? Maybe she went with them alongside Jeno and Lami, that'd be awkward.

I hurried myself to go to Koeun's home only to be greeted by a loud barking noise once I appeared in her room.

She got a dog? Seriously? She can't even fix her own bed now she got a dog? That's like adopting a child only messier.

I saw her playing her her phone, laying in bed as she was wearing her earphones. She didn't even notice my presence.

I tried to float on top of her to scare her but she suddenly sat up and smiled widely. Did something happen? Koeun turned to look at her dog and saw that I was standing behind her pet.

"You're still here?" She asked, wide-eyed and shocked

"Obviously." I said and chuckled, "where'd I even go?"