21 | FORGIVENESS

(Y/N): Your Name 

(E/C): Eye Color 

. . . . . . 

| |

''We all make mistakes.

Don't let that be the reason you give up on somebody.''

| | 

BUCKY BEGAN TO seal himself off way after that. Except for Steve. He couldn't really ignore his soulmate. 

Steve tried to convince him that it wasn't his fault. That it wasn't him that killed (Y/N)'s parents, it was The Winter Solider who was doing Hydra's bidding. 

From time to time, pain from Bucky would attach themselves onto Steve and (Y/N). Steve wasn't as affected by it as (Y/N) was, but it didn't stop him from getting melancholy randomly at times. 

So he did what anyone would do. He went to Bucky and his shared soulmate. After a lot of begging to Fury, he gave him access to (Y/N)'s cell. 

Making his way to the white room, he could feel the mark on the back of his neck begin to burn with a bit of pain, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. 

He made sure the cameras were off as he locked the door behind. As usual, (Y/N) was in the middle of the room, only this time, it looked like she was barely awake. 

Taking a deep breath, he opened the cell door, causing her to snap her eyes open and reveal her glowing (E/C) ones. 

''Mr. Rogers,'' she said, yawning. ''There's no one outside or listening. This isn't a trick, is it?" she asked warily, standing up. 

His blue eyes stared back into her piercing (E/C) ones. ''No. I just wanted to talk about Bucky,'' he said, making her sigh as she rubbed her left arm. 

''Listen, I don't hate him. I honestly don't know what to think about it when he is one of my soulmates,'' she told Steve.

He began to walk over to (Y/N), a desperate plead stretched over his face. 

''Listen, it's killing him, it's killing you, and it's killing the rest of us,'' he stated, leaving out the part of how powerful the effect her emotions had on all of them.

''Can you just... try? Try to talk to him. We don't expect it to be perfect when you're done, but just to ease the tension,'' he told the short woman in front of him. 

She stood in silence, and then after a while, she nodded. ''I just have one request,'' she told him, making the blonde raise his eyebrows. '''And that is?" he asked. 

''I don't want your male agents bringing me food. I know it sounds stupid, but I don't like the way they look at me,'' she commented, subconsciously wrapping her arms around her waist protectively. 

Steve stubbly clenched his jaw, jealousy seeping into the mark on (Y/N)'s abdomen as she hid a smirk. Steve nodded at her request. 

''Send him in, Mr. Rogers.''

¤☆|☆¤

''I'm not liking this idea, Steve. She hates me,'' Bucky said as his super-soldier boyfriend led him through the halls. Steve shook his head. ''Trust me, that's not what she said. She won't, Buck,'' he said as they arrived at the room. 

Steve stopped in his tracks first. ''Just talk with her, okay? I'll be in main conference room with the others,'' he told him, but not before patting him on the back before leaving him. 

Bucky inhaled greatly as he opened the door, the mark near his chest beginning to burn with anxiety as he walked in. 

The first thing he noticed was (Y/N)'s eyes. They were a bright and unnatural shade of purple, and for some reason, that just made him want to go into the cell and hug her tightly to his chest. 

''Hey,'' he said softly, walking up to the cell where he fiddled with the fingers on his metal navy blue and gold arm. (Y/N) watched intently as he did so. 

''I don't hate you, you know,'' she told him. He scoffed. ''If a person who killed your parents stood right in front of you, you usually hate them with every fiber in your body, doll.''

She shut her eyes closed at the pet name. ''You're not just a person, you're my soulmate. Yes, I can't lie, when I see you, it reminds me of that night, but you two are two different people who just share the same face,'' she said, coming to the edge of the cage. 

Bucky was silent until he went to the entrance of the cell and walked in. 

At first, (Y/N) was confused as to what he was going to do to her until he came over and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to his chest. 

Just like he wanted. 

To him, she smelled smokey and felt warm. It made him sigh at the feeling of finally having her in his arms, and especially when she relaxed in his hold. 

Bucky held her tightly as he buried his face into the crook of her neck. (Y/N) could feel the tears he let out. Instinctively, she ran her hands through his dark brown locks.

''It's okay,'' she cooed as his sobs got louder and his grip got tighter, but she didn't comment on it. It broke her heart hearing him like this. 

''It's okay, James. I forgive you.''

/¤☆|☆¤\

𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©

𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️