56 | IN THE NIGHT

(Y/N): Your Name

(Y/F/N): Your Full Name 

(E/C): Eye Color

TW: CONTAINS LIGHT SEXUAL THEMES

. . . . . . 

| | 

''People don't know what happens in the dark. Is it good, an affair, death? 

There's just something unspoken, beautiful, yet dangerous when the lights go out.''

| | 

(Y/N) WOKE UP AROUND 3 in the morning. It felts as if the people right down the hall from her went against everything she stood for and tore and scratched at the walls she help up. 

After taking a quick shower and changing into the clothes she was going to wear for the day, she crept down the stairs, making sure she was quiet enough to wake any of them up. Something gave her the hint that not all of them were human. 

The sun hadn't risen yet, so the home was surrounded by darkness. The only remote noise present was the Ac purring and letting artificial air into the home and some water droplets coming from the faucet.  

A sigh that became one of many escaped from her lips as she leaned against the marble counter for support. Does meeting your soulmates (for the first time?) have to be so stressful or is it just her?

The room got warmer suddenly as if the sun shined on her for a second. Or maybe it was just her? At this point, she wasn't sure about anything anymore. Supposedly, she was dead for two years - no. She was alive. She had to be sure of that. 

Instead of pondering about her thoughts like a weirdo in the kitchen, she moved to the living room sound, throwing her head back in frustration. 

She'd tried to go back to sleep 5 different times, all being failed attempts to ease her nerves in an empty, dark abyss she called her sleep. 

Having not paid attention to her surroundings for a moment, letting her guard down as she looked into her thoughts, something rubbed against her ankle, causing her to lean upward and look down. 

Of course, she would've been worried something or someone was trying to scare her if it hadn't been for the purring and vibration it let out coming from a black feline that sent familiarity to her. 

(Y/N) smiled. Animals seemed to be drawn to her and coming when she least expected it, or rather say, needed it the most. It was almost like her emotional support team. She leaned forward, rubbing in between the cat's ears. 

''I wonder if you're a boy or a girl. Which one, hmm?" she wondered aloud to no one in particular. The cat meowed as if they were trying to tell (Y/N) their name. It caused the smile on her face to grow even more. 

''It's a girl,'' a voice from behind her said, making her smile fall off her face and her to go stiff in the bones. All of the uneasiness from the marks on her skin, including her own, merged into one, making her almost want to hurl. The voice was familiar, yet distant. 

Turning around, her eyes met vibrant blue ones she saw in her dreams. Distant dreams she reached out to because, over time, she knew they were lost memories in reality. ''You named her Daenerys. You always did have a thing for Game of Thrones,'' he said with a chuckle. 

(Y/N) stood from where she was seated on the comfortable seat, the thought of him towering over her (more than he already did) terrified her. From the distance, she took in the man's appearance. 

One could say he was a doctor. He could be, or it could have been a past job lost? No way, (Y/N) thought, he radiates power similar to Ajayans. Something different type of magick mixed in with her luck, but she couldn't place where. 

''Sorry,'' he commented, then holding his hand out for him to take. ''I'm Stephen Vincent Strange. Though, everyone basically calls me Strange,'' he introduced himself. 

(Y/N) eyes the scarred hand staring back at her. It seemed to shake in the pale moonlight, or was that just her eyes deceiving her out of disbelief? Her (E/C) eyes were glazed over with a blue and green cosmic ray Stephen couldn't see. 

''Strange?" she asked with an eyebrow raised. (Y/N) swore she had met people with more stranger names, but some with their name literally being strange? It was a first and officially topped her list. 

He smiled and her heart stuttered in her chest. Could he feel that too? Did she always react this way when someone hot smiled at her? 

Towering over her, Stephen could easily see her defensive state falter from head to toe. From then on out, she knew she felt it too when his heart shook in his chest as well. 

''(Y/F/N), but you probably knew that right?" she introduced herself as well, taking his hand. But for some reason, she had a guess he thought they were meeting each other like old friends. Lovers? ''It seems like everyone knows who I am,'' she muttered. 

She probably thought Stephen hadn't heard her, but he did. What did she mean by that? he thought. He ignored it for the time being. 

''What happened, (Y/N)? Why didn't you come back?" he spoke in a tone close to a whisper. ''Did we do something wrong?" he asked. (Y/N) almost let out a whimper and burst into tears right there. The others hadn't told them about her amnesia. Damn it.

She knew what This looked like. Damn it. DAMN IT! 2 years. 2 years have passed since she supposedly fell off the face of the Earth. And now? Well now, she had 13 soulmates who were destined for her and had connections and history she couldn't remember. 

Could your own soulmate hate you? It had to be possible. Hate? Disappointment? (Y/N) felt as if she deserved it. There was no way they would forgive her for this shit. Damn it. 

She didn't realize Stephen's arm wrapped around her waist until it popped into her wandering consciousness. She couldn't deny that the feeling wasn't unwelcome. Maybe she could forget about everything and melt into his touch just a little more. 

''Stephen...'' the whole sentence couldn't come out of her mouth just yet. Strange moved closer. His lips were just inches away from her. Just a little closer. ''(Y/N)...''

Her fingers tangled into his messy, yet sophisticated brown hair. How did they get here again? And did she really want to leave the position they were in? Why when she looked into his blue eyes did his pupils dilate more? This couldn't be forgiveness, could it? 

''I need you,'' he said lowly. "I need you so much,'' he told her. ''Stephen... I,'' her voice raised more, but not completely. It trailed off when he placed soft kisses on her neck. She almost submitted completely, but she put her hands on his chest and pushed him away. 

''I can't do this. I'm sorry,'' she said tear brewing in her eyes and running down her cheeks as she ran back to her room, her heart feeling heavy in her chest. 

What was she going to do? 

/¤☆|☆¤\

𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️