03

The night stars seducing the full moon

"I've never asked before, how did you and your team find me?" she asked as they were sharpening the blades she had. "Do you use perfume or cologne or just anything?" he asked and she nodded. "I have always loved the thought of smelling like flowers and so I bought a bottle of perfume which somehow never runs out" she said.

"Your perfume was the one which led us through the forest and to the river. It left traces along the way, a scent of roses and vanilla correct?" he asked and she nodded. "So it was my perfume that led you to me?" she confirmed once more as he nodded. "Wait, didn't you say that you needed money for your parents? I won't pay you because I have no money myself" she said.

"M paid me before I did my mission, not after as he knew that you weren't an easy target to be obliterated. The money was enough to fund my parents' whole medical bill so it's fine now. We aren't exactly poor but we're in short of medical funds when you also consider the bills for food and living space" he explained. The explanation somehow calmed her and just told her that he was doing all this voluntarily and not for money.

They continued sharpening the blade when they heard footsteps. "Someone's in here" he said but her face showed no emotion. "Why are you still standing there, shouldn't we hide?" he asked, a bit confused with the situation. "They're my brothers, don't worry. They always check on me every month" she said as two men came in the building.

"Yun!" one of her brothers cheered as he hugged her. "Hi ge" she smiled and hugged him back. "It's nice to finally meet you again, mei" her other brother said and hugged her as well. "And it's nice meeting you again ge" she said. When the two brothers saw Yanjun, they immediately towered in front of her as if to protect her from him who poses as a threat to them.

"Ge, don't worry. He's... he works with me. I saw him trying to kill me last night and albeit he was good but not good enough. I found out that he only needed the money which he did get and so now, he's working with me. We're barely acquaintances calm down you two" she said. Then they soften and smiled at him.

"Silong, her first brother" he said as he shook Yanjun's hand. "The name's Yanjun, it's nice meeting you" he said. "Sikang, second brother" her other brother shook his hand as Yanjun repeated what he said to Silong. "How are they?" she asked as the brothers sat down. "They're doing fine, working hard as always" Sikang said.

The siblings talked for hours, on and on without losing a single topic to talk about, and that is including in jobs. "Have you heard of the man who kills like a psychopath now?" her brother asked and she nodded. "Yanjun was hired by him to kill me" she said.

"You need to stop him, seduce him like you can and then kill him from the inside" he said. "I can't just do that so easily, you know that already" she said. "He's planning to kill the Queen next! With the Queen dead, the kingdom will be at chaos and we- you might get the effects of it" he said.

She thought for a while, she can't possibly be able to do everything on her own, she needed help from someone possibly as good as she is which is hard to find considering that she's a really good one. "I need help, I can't do this on my own" she finally said and her brothers smiled.

"We have people who can help you-" "No, someone as good in this section as I am" she cut him off. Silence engulfed them for a while before Sikang said "That's hard, mei, you know that you're the best in what you do" "Not exactly" Yanjun suddenly spoke up. "I heard that the head of the castle guards is amazing" he said.

"Besides, I overheard M that he would be attending a masquerade ball at the palace in a few days now. We can possibly sneak in and take him out. He is a noble man in the eyes of the court so it would be hard but I believe that it's possible to do so" he explained. "That idea is not so bad" she said.

"We can bring you a gown and say that it's for my lover" Silong said. "Thanks, that would be helpful" she smiled. The brothers left soon enough and by midnight, she was already at the river again, this time with Yanjun not trying to kill her.

"Why do you always go to the river? Is it that much funner here than the watching cars go by the city?" he asked. "My mother has always loved the river, the nature, the stars, everything I love at the moment" she explained. "And your brothers?" he asked again. "They're not my biological brothers, as much as I want them to be" she said.

"Are they even okay with you doing this kind of thing? I mean you are a woman and I'm sure that you are younger than myself so they wouldn't let you do this kind of job. How did you even persuade your brothers to agreeing to your so-called job?" he asked. "I didn't, they were the ones agreeing on their own. I have watched so many action movies and I have quite an eye on martial arts so they knew that they could trust me on this" she said.

"Why are you even telling this to me? I was the man who tried to kill you that night" he asked. "Sometimes, Yanjun, I trust people too easily. But I just know that I'm going to be fine talking to you, besides, you swore under your parents' name" she smiled at him. "I guess so" he chuckled.