Epilogue

The spy that was sent ○

"What is it, sweetheart?" she asked as she faced her son, Fan Xuanshen. "My teacher said that I have to bring you for the school's Mother's Day" he said. The agent sighed, thinking about how she would either avoid or cover herself up.

She gave birth to her son a little over 10 years ago. Both she and the guard raised him to be a well mannered boy, knowing that he will surely grow up to a fine young man. The other guards as well as Yanjun and the Queen have also taken care of him a few times, saying that they needed to see the child of 2 of the greatest people in what they do.

Xuanshen knew about their jobs, he knew about what they do and how they do it, but he was never disgusted or despised their jobs, quite the contrary actually. He asked so many questions the day they told him, curious of how that side of how the world worked.

He said that he wanted to be like them, instilling justice in the world and his parents have always supported him although they knew that the world he would be diving into would be very dangerous. The guards said that they would train him with the best they could but Adam, along with J of course, would want to train him themselves.

They knew that he would have to learn how to do everything the best way and no one could teach him that better than they could. They were the best in what they do, everyone knew that. That was how Xuanshen got his own staff and gun, his parents warning him not to use it for just anything he wanted.

Now was the time when she would have to face her son's school reality. She had always avoided Mother's Day, usually excusing her son from it, saying that he was sick or unable to attend but she knew that she couldn't keep up the act. She had to face it one day whether she liked it or not.

"And I know that you'd be hesitant about this but I was chosen to have my mom tell everyone how she feels being a mom and everything, which includes your job" he said and shuts his eyes closed, afraid of what his mother would say to it.

But she just sighed and smiled as he slowly opened his eyes and turned to her. "So...?" he trailed off as he stared at her, waiting for her response. "There's no turning back now, I can just wear my mask and we'll be off" she smiled. "What if they tell you to take it off?" he asked again. He was always a smart and critical kid.

"I'll let them see my face" she said and he nodded happily, not being able to wait and show her to all his friends.

---

"Ma, you can still back out now" he said and she chuckled. "Don't make me regret my choices, sweetie" she said as they arrived at his school. They got off the car and she immediately attracted attention, she was wearing a mask after all.

"Hey Shen, is this your mom?" a boy asked, seemingly Xuanshen's friend. "Yeah, mom this is Ruming, Ruming, my mom" he said and she shook the boy's hand. "Auntie Fan, why are you wearing a mask?" he asked. "You'll know later. Let's get to class now" he said and they left.

Their teacher was already inside and she smiled as soon as she saw the agent entering the room. "Mrs. Fan right? I'm their homeroom teacher, Ms. Zhou" she said and smiled. "I'm Siyun, you must be Yanchen's wife, correct? I know a friend of his" she said and the teacher looked shocked as she nodded.

"But how do you know it's me? I'm sure that I've never seen you before" she said. "I have my ways" she said and went to their seat.