08

Unknowingly falling in love ○
○ Yet being unable to change forever

They got out of the room and saw fire and destruction everywhere. They wasted no more time and ran to the exit. Their main priority was to get the Queen to a safe place but at this rate they didn't know if they could make it in time before the entire building collapses.

Many smaller explosions followed them from behind and they were slowly losing hope of getting out of there safely. But they knew better than just giving up so they ran again. A pillar fell near the Queen but the head guard was quick enough to pull her away from there. "Are you alright, Your Majesty?" he asked and she nodded.

They sprinted off once more and they were so close to the exit when a loud explosion was heard behind them and before they knew it, they were already thrown to the wall from the impact. All of them fell against the floor. Some were mildly injured, some were fine.

But the head guard wasn't, he was thrown off pretty badly as he was the closest to the explosion and blood was seeping through his shirt as he stood up. People started coming closer from the back, most likely with fireproof clothes.

J looked at everyone and knew that she had to do something. "All of you, bring HQ and the Queen to safety, Leondra too" she said. "What about you?" Yanjun asked and she shook her head. "My survival isn't important at the moment. Get them out safely, that's what matter the most right now. Yanjun, if I don't make it alive, tell my brothers that I'm sorry. Now go!" she said.

The guards were forced to run again and exit the building. They knew that what she said was right, getting the Queen, HQ, and Leondra was what's most important at the moment. As much as they didn't want to believe it, it's true.

L called the police and SD called an ambulance as they waited for her to come back. They didn't want to believe the fact that she might not be able to make it out alive as they thought back to her message for her brothers if she didn't make it.

J was utterly exhausted and she could barely breathe. Smoke was everywhere and it blocked her eyesight as well but that didn't stop her from fighting. She had 2 guns with her, and she was using them both at the same time. There were many men but she knew more than just give in to them all.

She knew that she could defeat them all, all she needed was a little more time and energy. And so she did it, all the men were soon left unconscious on the ground as she panted. Her sight was getting blurry and she could barely stand properly but she knew that she had to get out of there.

She limped her way towards the exit but her eyesight was failing her and before she knew it, she was already out and fell to the ground as well.

---

"She's going to be alright. She was injured pretty badly but she's healing well. I assure you that she won't fail us" the doctor said and Yanjun nodded. The doctor left, going to go back for another check-up in a while. "I have to thank her for my life. If it weren't for her, I would probably be dead by now" the Queen said.

"We all have to thank her" XL2B said. The head guard only kept quiet. He knew he promised to himself that he shouldn't find a lover because of his job but her actions back at the casino made his heart soar. He had always loved brave and selfless women and in front of him was one.

He was confused, he needed to protect the kingdom, its Queen, his family, it was his job. But he had been craving for love and affection ever since she arrived at the palace, her love and affection. He wanted to just tell her how he felt about her but he didn't have the courage to. To him, fighting off hundreds of men was what he would do better than to confess his feelings.

Moreover it was to a woman whom he just met a week back. He couldn't believe the fact that he had probably fallen for a woman that quickly, but he knew what his heart wanted and he knew that one day he would confront to her about it.

"HQ? You okay there?" Xikan asked and he nodded. "Just... a lot of things on my mind" he said. J started to stir and open her eyes and before she knew it, she was met by a bright light which made her eyes close again. Yanjun closed the curtains and her eyes opened once more.

"Are you okay?" Shengen asked and she nodded ever so softly. But strangely enough, she didn't feel pain on her back or anything, as if she didn't fall. But one thing snapped heer back to reality once more, the possibility of doctors or any of them seeing her face as they would have to take off her mask for the examinations and all.

"Did anyone see my face?" she asked. "No, my girlfriend who is a close friend of yours and a doctor here helped in checking you up. Don't worry about it" SD said. "Who's your lover?" she asked again. "Jocelyn, I'm sure you know her. I've heard a lot about you" he said and her eyes widened. "You're Wenjun?!" she exclaimed and he chuckled.

"That took you longer than I expected" he laughed. "She never gave me a clear description of you, she always said that I should see him for myself. I never thought that he is one of the guards in the palace" she said. "I suppose so" he said.

"It's getting late now. Where's Leondra by the way?" she asked. "We kept her in the palace so that she can stay safe and maybe help us later on. YueYue and Mingjun are there guarding the place" the Queen said. "Your Majesty" she looked down in respect. J hadn't noticed her inside the ward this whole time.

"Thank you, J. I owe you my life" the Queen said. "Adam, keep her safe in the ward. We'll go back to the palace for now" she said. "Xikan, you're in charge while I'm here" he said and Xikan nodded. "We'll get going now. See you tomorrow morning. Clothes are in the cupboard over there by the way" Wenjun said and they nodded as the guards left with the Queen.

"I'll get changed now, get some rest. You've been through a long day" he said and she nodded, smiling at him. That was the first genuine smile he has ever gotten from her in private. He didn't know about in public but in private, this was a first and he thought that it was absolutely beautiful, very... sweet.

He was about to leave to the bathroom when a hand stopped him. "They have a certain pattern of attacks, as if they were trained and programmed to do so. They didn't grunt or speak or let out any sounds. I think they're robots of some sort" she said and he nodded.

"We'll talk about it with everyone tomorrow, for now, rest"