29

Time out ○

"You're going to do just fine. You're not usually like this anyways. You went on countless missions, nearly gotten killed several times and you're getting all nervous for this?" Jocelyn said as she braided the agent's hair. "This happens once in a lifetime, you don't get it. Hasn't happened to you yet" she shrugged.

"I know it happens once in a lifetime but you know what else does as well? Your actual life. You almost got killed back with M, Yanjun - which I still don't get why you befriended him, that man back when you nearly lost your eye, everything!" she exclaimed and the other chuckled.

"Yeah, but I knew what I was doing then. I was practically an expert and this is out of my league" she said. "You're literally the agent of love, what do you mean by and I quote, 'out of your league'?" she said and the agent let out a chuckle at the response of her best friend.

Today is her wedding day with the man she loves for dear life and death. They decided to get married, well, a year after he proposed, the date of their birthday as well. It's been a bumpy road for the both of them, considering that both their jobs have relations with killing, drugs, assassination, just danger in general. But they knew that they were the best in what they do.

The agent works with the palace now, not as a guard, not at all. She was still a solo worker but she helps out in the palace, helps out the guards when they need it. They have Yanjun and Leondra then so it wouldn't be too much work for her.

The missions which have included her in the pas few months weren't too bad, just to the point where they're drug dealers or people who abuse their workers or family. It was nothing they couldn't handle, especially when they work together.

"Don't worry about anything. I'm sure he's also a nervous wreck" Leondra said which made the agent giggle, imagining the guard in such a silly state, replacing the cold guard she once knew. "I want to crawl back in bed and just cuddle with him till tomorrow, is that valid?" she asked which earned laughs from the 2 other women. "No" Leondra simply replied.

"You'll get your dress all wrinkly and it won't be pretty anymore" Jocelyn said. "Right" J said once more and opted to stay quiet throughout the rest of her hair-do. Her dress was magnificent, a classic white off shoulder ball gown with flower decorations all over. She personally chose the dress as she thought that it was beautiful, and it certainly is.

"Hey, you got this, alright? There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of" she reassured her and she nodded as she said that it was easier said than done

"Hey, you got this, alright? There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of" she reassured her and she nodded as she said that it was easier said than done. The ceremony soon started, attended by not many people as they wanted their identities to still be kept a secret.

However, LiangMi was there with her mother. The couple invited them as they helped in getting the man who abused his wife despite him being their husband and father. Some of the other officials was also there, insisting that they wanted to watch the guard and the agent tie the knot.

She looked beautiful as ever as she walked down the aisle with her eldest brother, his arm around hers. He wasn't ready to his sister married and being with a man other than her brothers, but she knew that his sister was no longer the fragile little girl they found in the streets, she's grown to be way more than that.

"Take care of her" he said to the guard once they reached the end of the aisle and he gladly nodded. "I definitely will" he said and took her hand in his. Her brother let go of her arm as he softly smiles, nodding once to reassure her that everything would be completely fine.

The priest started saying things, they didn't really know. None of them paid too much attention on the man, instead, they were too busy admiring each other, the love for the other showing through their eyes. It was a beautiful moment for a beautiful event and they couldn't have it any other way.

"When I first saw you I thought that you would be like any other guy I've met, in short, just a normal guy waiting for some hot girl to pass by his sight and for him to drool over. But that night I saw you protecting Her Majesty, I knew you were different. I saw determination and fear in your eyes all at once, and I think it's a good thing" she said.

"You must be scared to be aware, you must be scared to be able to protect well. Then when you showed me your scars hidden beneath those long sleeves of yours, I finally felt like I was like someone, that I wasn't the only one like that in this world" she said. "And that day you took a bullet for me, I knew that I would keep and love you forever. I love you, ChengCheng, forever and onwards" she ended.

"You know that I didn't trust you that night, thinking that you were some random stranger in search for a spotlight. When I saw you doing all your reasearch and analysis, I then knew that you were actually trying to help us for the good... of us, not just for fame or rewards" he started.

"The fact that you never once took off your mask, either it's sleeping or eating, I knew that something must've happened, something I'm familiar with. Your story was different, but it still made me think that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, I was already in love with you then"

"And when you nearly got shot, all I had in my mind was that I needed to protect you, that's why I took the bullet" he said. "As I spend my time with you more often, everyday, my love for you just got stronger and all I wanted at the moment, is to be your happily ever after. I love you, baby, till the day our guns turn their backs on us" he ended.

"May I have the rings please?" the priest said as Chunri, Ze's son walked to them and showed them the guns the agent got for the both of them on their birthday. They started saying their vows, they didn't really remember what they were but they knew that they would spend the rest of their forever together nonetheless.

The rings were placed on the mouth of the guns, it was to remind them that whatever danger they were bound to face, they would face it together. As they put the rings on each other, they had bright smiles on their faces, the joy of being married to each other quickly dissipating in their minds. Finally, the moment they have been waiting for arrived.

"You may now kiss the bride"