09

Perfect Agent J ○
○ Stealing the whole crowd's attention ○

"Are you sure you're fine now? You can rest more, you know that" HQ said the moment she woke up from her sleep and tried to walk to the bathroom on her own. "I'm fine" she said and ate the breakfast already prepared on the table in front of the bed. "I was injured, not disabled" she said and smiled at him.

She continued eating and he just continued staring at her. "Want some?" she asked and he shook his head. "I'll go get instant noodles downstairs" he said and she nodded as he left her inside.

She continued eating when the guard suddenly barged in the ward without his food. "We have to get out of here, quick" he said and rushed over to her. "What why?" she asked as he started to take off the wires connected to her. "It's not safe, some people are plotting their revenge here because of the men you killed back at the casino and they will be here in about 10 minutes so we better hurry" he said.

"Can you walk quickly?" he asked and she smirked. "You've never met a woman like me" she said and ran past him outside the ward. He was shocked but quickly followed nonetheless. "Get in" Yanjun said from the car he was driving. The Queen had sent him to fetch the both of them from the hospital.

They, luckily, arrived in the palace on time so no one got the chance to harm them. "We got the news from Leondra, apparently, she still has contact with one of the people who work for M and he warned her about his plan of revenge" the Queen said.

"Also, how did Adam bring you down so quickly?" Yanjun asked. "I didn't, she ran downstairs herself" he said and they all looked confused and shocked. "How did you- what?" Xikan asked and she chuckled. "I've been Agent J my entire teenager days till now, I would've sustained worse injuries if someone hadn't caught me yesterday" she said.

Yes, someone had caught her unconscious body before she could fall to the ground. It was close, but he made it. "Who did anyways?" she suddenly asked. "Adam did" XL2B said and she looked surprised. "Really? Well then thank you" she said and smiled and he nodded.

"Moving on, you said that they were somehow homogeneous in their moves?" HQ said and she nodded, her expression turning into a serious one immediately. "We'll take this to the meeting room. Mingjun, call Leondra" the Queen said and the said man nodded, speeding off to her room.

---

"I beg your pardon?" the Queen furrowed her eyebrows and she nodded. "Leondra, could this be possible?" YueYue asked and she sighed and shook her head. "I have no idea. He is a man of secrets and only those who are subjected or trusted to him would know all this" she said.

"But they were wearing masks, as if to stop themselves from breathing in the smoke. They couldn't have been robots although their movements were uniformized" Wenjun said and J shook her head. "At least not fully" she said. "What do you mean by that?" Mingjun asked and she stood up.

She searched over her back pocket and found the evidence she needs. "I think that they might not be robots, but are controlled like so. I saw something suspicious from a man's arm I accidentally cut and so I cut it all the way out and found this chip. I would've taken more but I didn't have much time" she said.

"What does it do?" Shengen asked. "I don't know it's full potential but what I do know for sure is that it has a tracking chip, and it works like the brain. It gives orders and the host would do as told. The orders are from the headquarters, controlled by M himself but the chip is kind of damaged so I couldn't find anymore information" she said.

"So the point is that this device implanted in ones' arm works like a brain, receiving orders but the orders are limited and will do as told, either reluctantly or willingly but they don't have a choice, as if they're hypnotized" Yanjun said and she nodded. "It's like... a chip that controls you basically" she said.

"Wait... I think I might know just where to fix it" Leondra said.

---

"I repair devices not chips implanted into someone's arm" a man said. He goes by Ze and according to Leondra, he used to work with M as well. That is, until he stopped last year after getting married. "Ze, you know how important it is to us" Leondra begged.

He sighed and leaned his hand out as to ask for the device. He wasn't a bad man, not at all, quite the contrary actually. He's a man of patience and kindness but he wasn't on his right mind when he started working for M. He used to be abused, that was why he worked for him but he stopped ever since he met the love of his life.

J handed him the chip and he started examining the device almost immediately. Most of the workers and customers there were looking at her, not used to seeing someone with black clothing and boots with a mask enter the shop. But it was mainly because of her enchanting blue eyes.

Her eyes have been a part of her everyone was captivated in, although she didn't quite like the color. She would rather prefer something like emerald or grey but she thought that sapphire would do for now.

After a while, Ze gave them back the chip. "It's complicated I must say. It has a lot of functions, control the host, track them, even electrocute them whenever they make a mistake or go rogue. It's like a boss to them, an invisible being controlling their minds when they're completely inside the host. It's the perfect device for someone as violent as him" he said.

"But there is one feature of it that is perfectly hidden and not to mention dangerous" he said. "And what is that?" HQ asked. He had a bad feeling about it and he couldn't think of a worse situation than the one they were in. What if Leondra and Ze were both implanted as well?

"It can self-destruct, like a bomb"

Sorry for the late updates. I'm having tests right now

-Clai