24

○ The bet you have placed with the temperature of your lips still lingering around the mouth of the gun ○

The two couldn't be happier at the moment. They didn't think that they would actually have peace or even a break but they did, now that the chaos is over. They haven't gone anywhere besides the palace yet since the head guard was still recovering but they didn't mind at all.

They thought that their love was more than just a feeling when they go on dates, not even minding if they didn't go on them. It was something as simple as the happiness of being together and feeling that they're going to be just fine in each other's arms.

His sister had provided a house for them to live in, not nearly as big as the mansion she has, but cozy enough to be called home. She claimed to be tired of their constant lovey dovey gestures to each other but the two knew that the reason behind her providing them a house was more than just being fed up.

They had figured that the sister wanted nothing more than to give the two some privacy, not wanting to intrude or accidentally walk in on them having deep talks or anything. They were grateful that she was so considerate. It's not everyday that someone would give out an entire house just for the sole purpose of giving someone else privacy.

Their jobs were held up due to the incident and the injuries but they didn't mind either. They definitely couldn't be out there stepping over dead bodies when they themselves are injured and quite unfit for their jobs. The head guard was going to continue his job in the palace.

However, the agent didn't know if she would still be able to go back to her daily activities, going out to clubs at night seducing men way older than her only to kill them in the end. She has been considering her actions with her feelings more since she met Adam and she didn't know if that was supposed to be a good or bad thing.

On one hand, she could at least consider things from a different point of view. On the other hand, it was pretty much stopping her from doing her thing properly. The guard had said that it was completely fine and that he had also felt the same way when she was held captive by M.

He told her the same thing the Queen had told him that day, that it all made him stronger. He clearly remembered that she said that they took away his home and that he must take it back. She smiled at his words, grateful that he was actually his lover and that she had such an amazing boyfriend.

It was one of the reasons she loved him so much, he just seemed to have the answer to every problem and doubt of hers. It was also why she relied on him and throughout her entire life, the only people she felt that she could rely on were only her brothers, and that was just barely.

He remembered how they kissed for the first time, out of longing and love. It was unlike anything he had ever felt before. He felt like he finally had what he wanted most his entire life, true love. She gave that to him and he couldn't be happier to have her as his, to call her the love of his life.

He remembered the feel of her lips against his lingering for the next few hours, as if it was still there. He felt the warm temperature and the moist texture of it molding with his. He felt like the dumbest, most insane person alive to be that delusional, to imagine her lips against his for so long but it felt so heavenly to him, like he never wanted to part, ever.

Now that the both of them actually lived together, they could be more open about their relationship and the things they would do alone. Jane can freely walk around without her mask on and she wouldn't get caught. She knew that no more threats were coming for her so there was nothing to be afraid of anymore.

While ChengCheng could do anything he wanted with her, either to just smother her with butterfly kisses all over her face or to simply tell her how much he loved her through the day. It was amazing for the both of them to say the least.

Silong and Sikang actually visited the both of them at their new home, formally meeting the head guard for the first time. They were skeptical and unsure of their relationship at first but soon came to accept that their dearest baby sister wasn't actually a baby anymore and has a man to protect her, not that she couldn't protect herself, that is.

The 2 brothers, being the loving and overprotective brothers they are, reminded him not to hurt her and whatnot. He gladly agreed to them, it wasn't like he was going to leave her to rot in the house alone if they didn't tell him otherwise.

It was a few days later that the 2 brothers met his sister and mother. It was like a family-to-be meeting with the brothers and the family the head guard has. They thought that it would be awkward and all but it wasn't. It wasn't tense or anything at all, quite the contrary actually.

The two families got along pretty well, getting to know one another from each side better and actually agreeing to their relationship. Who were they to deny it anyways? Besides, the guard has taken a bullet for her and the agent had helped him through the explosions that night. They basically fought for each other, there was no way that they could deny their relationship in any way then.

But agreed or denied, they knew that they would be together for a long time, they could see it in each other's eyes. The love they had was bare for everyone to see and they were completely fine with it.

"Let them see our love, let them see all of us and besides, I do love you and I know you love me"