Chapter 2 : A Change

.....

" WHAT ??!!! JUST LIKE THAT ???! ",

you scream back in disbelief. Yes, you did ask them to take you with them but you didn't expect them to adopt you so easily........

You wait for a moment, rethinking what you were going to ask. A few moments pass, just you and them staring at each other.

The captain looked quite sincere, a small smile tugging at his lips. But you weren't quite sure about the others. Some of them looked quite grim and emotionless, while the others held a normal expression, nothing more, nothing less. 

Your heart was beating fast, the next words you were going to say would CHANGE YOUR WHOLE LIFE, in ways you couldn't predict.

" i..is it gonna be okay? I'm a girl, not any, but I am one..........And people say that women are a stroke of bad luck in the ocean. Perhaps you should keep going,............ I'll eventually find my own way I guess ."

You were speaking with a voice that was way softer than earlier, just enough for them to hear.

But this time another one spoke up, his hair was of a shade of pinkish peach, a bit darker than the initial shade.

" This island is miles away from any other port, you won't make it out of here alive without a ship or a boat...Besides, what would you feed on ?? Tree barks ??! "

The others giggled a bit at their friend's sassy note, you smiled at that, now a surge of relief rushing through you.

" THANK YOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!! ", You scream as you joyfully jog up to them and stop in front of their captain,

" I will hereby stay loyal to this ship and it's crew till my last breath. ..............

................And that's my word ."

The captain chuckled at your sudden .................... ' oath', but then spoke as he saw the serious expression on your face,.................

" It's an honour to have you on my ship, Ines......"

You grin widely at him before looking at the others,

" WELL THEN !!!!! LETS GOOOO CAPTAIN !!!!!! " you cheer.

The others laughed humorously at your words before starting to walk towards the gangplank and load the last of the barrels with gunpowder and carry them inside the ship.

You stand there near the captain, watching the boys do all the loading before they finally board the ship.

The captain spoke again,

" Well then, what are you waiting for ???
.................... Go, get in ."

You grinned even wider than before,

    " Thank you, captain ."

You look back once again before beginning to walk towards the ship, fists clenched at the strange uncertainty you felt growing inside you. You couldn't think of anything else,

' Is this it ?? ..........Is this where I'm supposed to go ??? '

The thought alone was making you worried, your anxiety causing you to slow down a bit, the ships plank which was leading inside was just a couple of meters before you. But you couldn't decide.

Suddenly, you felt a strong wave of wind rush past you, causing your hair to blow to the side.

And then,...