Chapter 12: Decisions (12:7:4)

"Hey..." A tiny feminine voice calls out quietly as she rests her head on the chest of a young boy.

"Hm?" He replies, and she feels the vibrations rumbling through her body, flush against his.

She stares at the tides of the oceans, soothing herself as the hammock on which they lie, rocks gently along with the breeze.

"Who am I?" She mumbles, and if it weren't for their closeness, he would've not been able to hear her.

He momentarily stops running his fingers through her white locks. Seeming as though deep in thought.

He replies,

"Have you heard of chess? A common past-time for the royals?" He asks, and the girl chuckles.

"No?"

"I've heard of it." She mumbles, running her fingers along the precise markings on his bare pecs peeking out of his shirt.

"You know how it's played on a board? With specific pieces on it?" He questions.

"Mhm..."

"So you and I and everyone else are a piece on that board." He chuckles and you frown.

"What?"

"Compare them... The board is this world, and all that comes along. The pieces are all the beings in it." He giggles and she lifts her head up and away from his chest, wanting to get a glance at his face to make sure he wasn't messing around.

But to her dismay, and much to yours, he was stargazing. Meaning that his jaw was all she could see.

"Are you playing with me?" She asks, a frown still etched on her face.

He chuckles, "No?, why would I?"

She huffs, slamming her head back down on his chest dramatically and he flinches. His hand coming back to life as it runs through her long, beautiful locks of white, again.

"Then... Who's the player?" She asks innocently.

He chuckles, his somewhat deep voice sending waves of vibrations through her body once again.

"It's... God."

"Of course..." She rolls her eyes playfully and softly pinches his cheek, causing him to look down at her. Their gazes lock as they see nothing but pure love in the eyes of each other.

This was your moment, you could finally see his face, but something was wrong.

Their faces were mere inches away as the young boy spoke again.

"Though I would rather say that whoever you are... My love for you will never change." He whispers, his gaze calm and loving. And the girl stays silent, relishing in the intimate moment between the both of them under the starry skies, before slowly leaning in. Feeling his warm breath on her lips one moment, eyes flickering between each others.

Her hand resting on his chest, and his on the side of her waist. Their hearts beating fast, rhythmically almost. Was it driving him crazy? It was. And so he leaned in the last inch as their lips connected. Her eyes fluttered close, feeling every inch of him now that they were sharing an act of true, passionate love. Before long, she pulls back, both feeling almost intoxicated by the moment as they stare into each other's eyes.