Chapter 8 : Trust? (8:3)

You feel someone's hand tapping your shoulder, waking you up from your sleep. You sit up groggily, rubbing your eyes to get a clearer view of who had woken you up. And there stood the person you least wanted to face at the moment, Jeong Yunho.

"Uh, ... Good morning?" He stuttered awkwardly, scratching his neck.

"Yeah, Good M-morning" you reply quietly, trying to avoid eye contact at all costs.

Not now, what if he asks-

"I don't mean to bother you but, ... Is everything alright?, I mean... you just ran away crying yesterday and I felt like you needed your space. That is why I didn't follow you to the kitchen.

... I'm sorry if I was being a bit cold yesterday, it was totally unintentional." He speaks in a low tone, probably worried about your sudden fragility the day before.

You slightly panic but calm yourself down quickly before gathering the courage to look at him.

"I'm... Okay, I just needed some time."
You smile at the concern refusing to loosen it's hold on his features. He slowly puts a hand on your head before ruffling your already messy hair.

"Some of the boys may seem a bit... rude, but trust me, they all like you a lot. Not to mention you are the first female on board." He looks at you with caring eyes.

"If anything happens or you want someone to talk to other than San, you always have me. Not to mention but Yeosangie as well, he's great at these sorts of things." he finishes with one last nod at your direction before smiling and walking back to the stove.

And just in time, all the crew members come blasting through the kitchen door making you flinch rather dramatically. Yunho stood there grinning widely, seeming too used to the shocks these men give him on a regular basis.

Yeosang was the one who flung open the door with one arm while using the other to strangle Wooyoung who seemed to have been regretting his decision to befriend him, yet still, giggling joyously at his childishness.

He probably didn't notice your presence if he was being this carefree.

Jongho entered while singing a high pitched song but abruptly cut it off when he saw you standing there mouth agape. While Seonghwa was dragging a half awake-half dead Mingi into the kitchen and simultaneously discussing something serious with Hongjoong as they all entered at the same time, thus, wreaking havoc in the kitchen.

You stood there greeting them one by one before your eyes locked with Wooyoung's. His smile was being slowly washed away, replaced by a rather straight face.

"G-Good M-morning, hehe" you immediately regret your decision and mentally slap yourself as you just made the interaction even more awkward, thus adding that weird chuckle at the end to make it better but turns out, it just made things worse.

He was taken aback a bit but to your surprise, his lips slightly curled up from a side, now smirking as he nodded at you before walking away.

Your body seems to have frozen in time as you watch him smile as he pulls out a chair and sits down, now already chatting with Yeosang who was sitting on his left. Suddenly he clings onto Yeosang and yanks him playfully, as he starts whining something.

Oh...

Why can't I hear anything?...

You are confused as to why this man has such an effect on you. Seriously?! You can barely take your eyes off of him.

He's alluring... You think for a moment but something pulls you out of your head.

"Good Morning...", you hear Yunho's voice call out to someone. Looking ahead, you realize it was Renèe who had just walked in, still somehow maintaining the bitchy face; which you were now slowly getting used to.