Chapter 4 : A Test

"Mmmmm~" you make a voice of satisfaction as you gobble the fried meat steak on your plate.

"This.tastes.SO.GOOOOOD, you know, they are lucky to have you as their cook." You glance at him, eyes soon returning to your half perished piece of steak.

He chuckled a bit, leaning against the small wooden table behind him as he folds his arms and stares at you.

"Sure they are, those ungrateful brats." He shook his head, one of his hands pinching the bridge of his nose. You smile as you continue chomping on your food when suddenly you hear the wooden door creak open, revealing San standing there.

His eyes run across the room once quickly before landing on you. He smiled a bit and walked over to you.

"Captain, asked me to take you to Jongho, he is going to test your battle skills and train you today, " he spoke.

You groan a bit and pout as you look at San and then at Yunho, not wanting to leave your irresistible chunk of cooked meat. San glanced at Yunho, invisibly requesting him to let you off to train. Yunho deeply sighed before letting him off with a rather dramatic,

"Okay fine take her, but let her finish the food first. I'm not going to waste any of that." San grinned happily,

"I can't wait to see you fight..!!!", he squealed before starting to bounce up and down rather joyously.

You had noticed from the past day that most of them got along well with you while the others either maintained an enormous distance with you or acted a bit rude to you.

You couldn't fathom why it was the way things were now or what you had done to make them feel so uncomfortable with you.

Perhaps it was just the fact that you just joined them during a rather unusual occasion. Your mind kept telling you that wasn't the reason for your feeling of an outsider. Maybe it was something trickier, something that you could not understand. You were anxious now that you had to train with one of them who had been rather ignorant towards you the night before.

You slowly stand up from your seat after finishing your food, and slowly walk back to San before turning to Yunho and thanking him for the food, to which he waved you off with an 'it's my work anyway' paired with a sheepish smile.

You grin at him before following San out to the deck where you are suddenly forced to turn your head away from the scorching sun, unfortunately, making eye contact with Jongho who seems to have been waiting for you with his pieces of equipment ready and already warming up. You anxiously follow San as he started walking towards the head gunner.

"Okay Ines, it's time for you to prove yourself, show them you are made of tough stuff !! ", San started cheering for you out of nowhere and you were starting to feel weird as right now, some of the crew were watching you from the main mast of the ship.

You shift your weight onto one leg nervously as you noticed that your captain was inspecting you as well.

Sighing, you walk over to a huge bag filled with weapons of various types, starting from tiny pocket knives to massive katanas. As you search around a bit, your hand stumbles over a long rod. Realization hits you and you pull it out, a fancy dark scythe with sharp and designed ends.
Your eyes glimmer with so much passion and love as you stare at the scythe that somehow sparked a memory deep within your heart.

Your mind ran wild, hunting down memories of all your past events to find any resemblance of the scythe, now that you felt like it was a part of you from the past.

Before you could worry anymore, you hear the creak of the wooden deck as you notice Jongho had already readied himself in his battle stance,

" I'm not going easy on you today..." He warns you with a quite arrogant look on his face.