Chapter 11: Elise (11:6:3)

"Oh... My lord..." You mumble under your breath, eyes widened as you look around and realize that Ren is the only one holding a light smirk.

How cruel is this world? This innocent girl is the daughter of the cruelest man the world has seen... Believing it seems like trying to move a wall...’

" REALLY?!" You screech and Ren and Elise flinch beside you but you were in too much of a shock to notice.

"It is what it is..." Seonghwa says as he sighs and continues eating his meal. You too just nod, trying to come in par with the new information as you realize it to be rather extreme at this point.

The rest of the dinner went as usual, small talk, loud chatterings, and stuff kept erupting, and soon, you joined in on them too.

It was finally time to leave. You grab the dishes and walk over to Yunho, wanting to help him as everyone finally leaves.

You tap Yunho's shoulder to get his attention but he jolts dramatically and almost breaks a dish in the process.

"Woah! Calm down Yunh-" You get cut off by him flailing his arms around.

"It's okay I'll do it myself!' He half-yells and you just stand there baffled by his actions. Elise who had just brought over some dishes looked confused too.

The rest of the crew had already left the kitchen after the meal so it was just you, Elise, and weird Yunho here.

" What's the problem? Why are you being so awkward all of a sudden?" You ask, staring intently at him and he just scrubs the dishes more aggressively. But you weren't giving up anytime soon.

He glances at you from the corner of his eyes a couple of times before finally sighing.

"I- uh..." He trails off and you poke at him. Now realizing that Elise had already fled the cringy, confusing scene.

"You?"

"I...HeardWhatYouSaidAboutMe-" He quickly ends his sentence before slapping his wet palms over his burning cheeks and you look confused.

"Wha-"

And then it hits you.

"Oh... My God..." Your face twists into that of amusement as you realize what he was talking about.

"Is it because I said you were really cute?" You ask, an embarrassed blush now slightly creeping up on your own face even though it was you who was teasing him.

"...mhm..."

"I really meant it though, you are adorable." You smile at him, as honest words roll off your tongue and his hands fall to his sides. And now, he was cringing and blushing at the same time.

You couldn't handle it anymore, a loud laugh leaves your throat and he just smiles at you. Soon joining in on the laughing fit you were going through.

Somehow, you felt yourself building stronger bonds with them... No matter how small your interactions may be. This crew really did feel like a big, goofy family.

...

You step out of the kitchen with a sigh. Yunho said he didn't want any help and kicked you out, even though you did half of the dishes by the time.