Chapter 5 : Forgotten

"What!?", you let out in a tiny gasp.

" I'm not quite certain... But I think he was at the mainmast. He was watching you after all." He smirked.

Not wasting another moment you rush past San, and out of the cell you were in. In the hustle, you didn't notice the evil grin plastered on his face.

"If only he wants you to see him..."

A few seconds and your already scrambling your way towards the mainmast. It didn't seem like anyone was there, besides it was already dark now. Time was passing quite fast. You grab one of the rough ropes of the riggings and haul yourself up, quickly grabbing another rope that was dangling on the other side. You pause for a moment, a feeling of uncertainty growing in you. You look up, the mast stood tall and unwavering, huge black sails waving scantily with the soft night breeze. Yet, there was no sign of anyone being there.

You sigh slightly from the cold and once again start climbing on the ropes, making your way to the top.

'Where are the lookouts though, aren't they supposed to be here all the time.'

You keep climbing. Reaching the crow's nest, you grab the nearest rope and jump on to the platform, landing with a gentle thud. Letting out a sigh of relief, you accidentally peek beneath, which resulted in you freaking out at the thought of falling off from that height. You quickly crawl to a more safer place away from the edge.

Finally, you relax and sit down for some time, taking in the view of the glorious night view above you.

It is a full moon tonight, the sky stands clear, revealing all the dazzling stars that stay hidden in the day. The incandescent glow of the lit torches flickering here and there on the wooden planks.

Your mind kept going back what San had said you, his words ringing in your head like you were missing some hidden detail...

"He is special, .... Just like you..."

You shake your head out of the thoughts and lean your back again the railing, tilting your head upwards.

You smile lightly, staring at the sky. Even in your toughest days, you would find yourself smiling at the bright moonlight. Something about the sky always attracted you, it always felt like you were staring at a home you could never return to.

At times like these, your own thoughts made you feel uneasy and irritated. Ever since the sea witch, your mind had become further in a disarray.

At this point, you felt like your memories had been constantly altered into specks and bits of absurd blank images and noises.

Before you could think anymore, you hear some shuffling behind you. You immediately turn around in alert to look for the source, instead, you were met with nothing but the view of the silent deck beneath. You sigh as you grab one of the iron railings that surrounded the crow's nest to look around.

You were sure that you heard someone, or something. Maybe it was just the wind blowing the sails, or maybe the migrating birds flapping their wings.

Just as you were about to give up, you realize someone was standing near you, the whole time. A strangely familiar presence. A soothing scent of luxurious vanilla and something heavenly lingering in the air.

You slowly turn around to look at the person.

...

And there he was, ...

Lush plum purple hair stopping right beneath his cheeks, shadowing his eyes. His pale beautiful skin glowing in the bright moonlight's glory. Just like you remembered.

Reborn ( ATEEZ x OC x Wooyoung ) Piratesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें