ch. 1

Pov. 3rd person  6:00 am

"morning sweety" Tony's voice was calm and smooth, as if he had been awake for hours.

Stephen opened his eyes to see the man sitting at the foot of the bed, still in his signature black tank top and jeans, holding a plate of waffles.

"morning honey." Strange looked at the plate and back to his husband.

"you stayed up all night didn't you."

"Well, I'm stressed! Today is the day" Tony seemed more excited than stressed.

Today was the day they went to the orphanage. "what?" Strange still hadn't woken up fully.

"Today is the day!" Tony said, not answering his husband's question. Steven realized what he meant and sprang out of bed.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Pov. Peter 12:00 am

I'm the only one still awake. I lay in bed, waiting for something, anything. My suit needs to be sewn up so I can't go on patrol like I usually would.

I sit up and walk to my bathroom. I open my drawer, dig to the bottom, and get out a small package of shaving blades.

I need to feel something, or maybe I just need to stop feeling. No, I can't do that, people need spiderman.

I take the blade and slowly drag it across my arm. I needed to feel something. I hide the blades again and bandage my arm. Even with my super healing I still have to bandage the wound.

8:00 after breakfast

Nathan comes into the room and tells all of us that someone might adopt one of us and to head to the playground. I never get chosen. no one wants a depressed 15-year-old.

Still, I have to go to the playground. I sit under and put a cassette into my Walkman.

It's the last thing Aunt May gave me before she and ben died when I was young. I still use it all the time. I close my eyes and let myself drift into the music.

Every love song reminds me of Wade, the only one who loves me enough to focus on something other than my scars. I lean back against the tree.

A few minutes pass when I hear two people talking on the other side of the tree. I pause my song and listen in. I know I shouldn't but I couldn't help it.

"Tony, we can't adopt all of them. We have to choose one" I hear a man laughing as he speaks.

I can't help but chime in. "sorry to interrupt. But if I were you, I would choose Trevor, he's a good kid."

I hear the first man respond, surprised "what? Oh, hello. I'm..." he whispers something to his partner, but I can't quite hear.

"mr. Cumberbatch" the name sounds forced like he made it up on the spot. 

"That's a strange name." I can't help but chuckle. I hear them laughing two.

A second man says "you're a good kid. What's your name again?" Oh god, they think I'm 12, don't they? Well, they're in for a shock.

"I'm Peter, by the way, I'm 15. So there's that." I hear them whisper to each other. The second man says something I couldn't dare to expect. "How would you feel about having two dads?"

I try to speak but I can't help but stutter and trip over my words "doesn't matter to me ma- sir- I mean Mr... cabbagepatch" I couldn't remember the name that well.

"Well, looks like we've chosen" The two men walk in front of me. Its Tony and Stephen stark-strange. I somehow managed to keep my cool.

9:00 next day

I practically run to Wade, I'm so excited. Luckily he catches me before I hit the bench. "Babe! You won't believe what happened!"

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/n; hey guys! Wanted to try some thing new. Hope you like my story! Also wade is 16 in this story. Ned is still peters best friend but mj is his cousin. Confusing I know but I'm sorry. Mj is in what I call a Peter parker meaning her parents are dead and she lives with her aunt. Oof

a/n 2: i have returned to this story after like 3 years (may be 4?) to re-edit everything. this was one of the first stories i ever wrote so the layout is just not it lol. don't worry if you guys worship a misspelling (it was supposed to be couldn't) i won't take it from you lmao. good to be back again. (march/17/2024)