ch.30

Pov. Peter
The moment is replaying in my head, over and over. The moment I lost them.

Splash! I watch as they hit the water and their mangled bodies break and float apart as if hitting concrete.

I remember the way aria looked at me as she fell, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but things are better this way."

She hits the water and it turns into a mess of hair and blood and bones that just sink into the water. The scream that comes out of my mouth, I didn't mean to, but it just happened. And everything went black.

It replays.

Splash! I see mj hit the water, the way her hair turns red from the blood, I can't tell if its hers or arias, but it turns her jet black hair bright red.

The mess of blood and guts starts to sink. I can't do anything, they're gone. A scream comes from my mouth, but its not mine. It can't be mine. The world goes black.

It replays.

Splash! I look down, expecting to see them hitting the water again, but they don't. It wasn't them, it was a box. I look up and I'm swinging faster than I ever have, to them.

This time I reach them before they jump. Aria just looks at me, and mj seems scared. "Peter? Why are you here?" Aria asks. I grab her wrist, its still wet with blood.

"Don't go" I say, softly. "I won't. I'm right here." Mj says, but it isn't her voice, its wade. I let go of aria and I start falling. I hear the faint beep of a heart monitor in the back round.

Aria screams and trys to catch me, mj just stand there, starring were I used to be. I try to reach for arias hand but I miss. I keep falling.

The heart monitor is getting louder and louder, but then I hear alarms, the kind that you hear when someone is dying in a hospital.

Splash! I hit the water. I hear wades voice, frantic. "Peter?! Peter! Wake up! Please! I can't lose you!" He screams, slowly getting muffled.

Pov. Wade
Peter's laying down in the bed and suddenly the alarms for loss of vitals start blaring.

His vitals were fine but then they just dropped. Like he hit something and almost died, or is dying. FUCK

"Peter?! Peter! Wake up! Please! I can't lose you!" I scream. I can't lose him, not like this.

Mr.barnes gets up and starts to change his iv franticly, like that would help. As soon as he gets up, the bandages start bleeding through, alot. SHIT

I try to act as calm as I can. I run to his arms and start to change the bandages. I lean down and notice how much blood there is. It's like his body it pushing it out.

The bandages drip onto the floor. I take them off his arms stop bleeding. What? I put on new bandages and they are perfect fine. His vitals return and he starts to shake, no, shiver.

I put my hand on his shoulder. "Peter, everything will be ok, you just need to wake up." I say. He stops shivering, and less than a minute later starts to shake violently.

"Friday! What's happening!" Mr.barnes yells. "it appears peters epilepsy has caused him to have a seizure." Friday says. "Peter doesn't have epilepsy!"  I shout. "it appears he has, but it has not been sever enough to notice untill now." Friday says.

"That's not even possible!" Mr.barnes shouts

The alarms go off and less than a minute later Peter stops shaking. NO! FUCK! SHIT! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! NOT NOW!

Mr.barnes run to Peter and checks his pulse. He sighs. "he's ok." He says. He looks down and picks up the piece that read peters vitals. "it came off when he was shaking." He says, putting back on.

The alarms stop and he seems perfectly fine. How? He shoots up out of the bed, but sits back down quickly.

"Peter!?" I say, running to him. When I get close to him, he pulls me into a hug and starts to sob. "I'm so sorry." He says.

"Peter. It's ok. Everything is ok." I say, pating his head the way I always used to when he had nightmares. He hasn't called me about a nightmare in years, but he still calmed down like he always does.

"everythings not ok..." he says, softly. "I can't get it out of my head... I can't save her... I can't do anything..." he mutters into my shoulder.

"Peter, honey, its ok. I know it hurts, but you need to stay alive, and try to stay positive. For her..." I say. I can feel his tears through my shirt. He's so quiet when he cries sometimes.

"Don't leave..." he says, holding me tighter. I look over at mr.barnes. "Peter..." I say. Mr.barnes looks up from his phone and gives a thumbs up. "I won't leave." I say.

He starts to cry a little louder, but still bearly enough to hear. "wade. please, I need you to stay..." he says. "I'm not going anywhere Peter. I'm staying with you." I say.

He stops crying and I realize that he's passed out. I pick him up and hold him over my shoulder, like a sleeping toddler. "where is peters room?" I ask.

"down the main hall. Second door on your left." He says. I walk to the elevator and ask Friday to take me to the pent house. She reminds me to pull down peters sleeves, so I do.

I get to the pent house and walk out of the elevator, still holding Peter. "Peter?" Mr.stark runs over to me. "what happened? Why are you carrying him?" He asks.

"he passed out. He kept saying stuff like, 'dont leave' and 'please stay' I was just about to put him in bed. Mr.barnes told me where his room was." I say. He nods at me and walks away, bitting his nails.

I carry Peter to his room and lay him down in the bed. I sit down on the bed next to him, holding his hand. "I'm right here. I promise." I say, before leaving the room and turning the lights off.

He deserves such a better life than this, but I can't give that to him. That doesn't mean I can't try.