ch.4

Pov. Peter (boys home)
I'm the only one still awake, which isn't rare at this point. I sit up in bed, checking my phone. 5:30 am, no new notifications.

"shit" I whisper to myself, not realizing how late, or I guess early, it is. It's pretty normal for me to not sleep much.

I walk out of my room to the kitchen. I see Nathan heating up a toaster pastry in front of the microwave. "hey Nate."

He turns around quickly like he didn't know I was there. Nathan was only 20 but took care of nearly 15 boys.

We had been in the same foster home when I was first put into the system. He promised to take care of all the boys in the home when he turned 18, he promised to take us out of that hell hole. He did, once he turned 20 he started a boys home.

"hey Peter. Didn't see ya there. What's up?" He says, not surprised by me being up early. "not much, you?" I say, casually. "why were you in the hospital yesterday? Everything ok?" He sounds more worried than I expected.

"I got into a fight and he knocked me out. I'm ok now. Want help with breakfast?" I say, laughing towards the end. Nathan can't cook to save his life.

"no, the kids will probably get up at different times. Y'know, weekend and all." I completely forgot it was the weekend. "I'll be right back," I say as I leave the room and call Mr. stark.

"hey Peter, what's going on?"

"um, I don't have anything to do today so I wanted to ask if I could intern today?"

"Of course. I'll have happy pick you up."

"you don't have to do that, I'll just ride my bike"

"kid that's a 3 mile ride. I'll have happy pick you up."

"ok. Maybe in like 45 minutes? I have to get ready."

"sure thing kiddo."

Mr. Stark ends the call. I run up to my room and throw on some clothes. Surprisingly my arm is almost completely healed, all of me is.

I put on my jacket and chuck the Star Wars journal wade bought me into my backpack. I run downstairs and say bye to Nathan, then run out the door as Happy pulls up.

I get in the car and we are there in less than a minute. I hop out and walk in the building, going directly to the elevator after security. "take me to the floor mr.stark is on please." I say, hoping that I have clearance for it. "of course, peter" the female ai says.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Pov. Tony
I'm in the kitchen Making food when I hear the elevator ding. I look over and Peter walks out, amazed.

"hey kiddo," I say. He jumps a bit like he didn't see me. " this place is so cool! What even is this?" Peter looks around the room, confused.

Just then Natasha walks out of her room and looks at Peter. Suddenly her face lights up. "is this him? Is this Peter?" She asks, curious.

I had told everyone about Peter, Natasha seemed to like the idea of having a kid around to help.

I nod my head as she walks over to Peter. She beams at him and places her hands on his shoulders. He freezes up.

"he is so much taller than I expected." She says. "hello ms.romanoff." Peter says, timidly.

"let's introduce you to everyone else. They are going to love you." She says, excited.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Pov. Peter
After I had met everyone, I'm not sure what to do. Then mr. Barnes tries to make small talk. "so, have any cool hobbies?" He says, sitting next to Steve on the floor.

"I um, make stuff, like tech stuff." I'm not sure if I should tell them that I'm Spider-Man. "like what?" Mr. Rogers asks. I have no reason not to tell them, they're supers too after all.

"like um, like these" I pull my web shooters out of my bag nervously. Mr. Barnes looks at them for a moment. "You're the spider man?" He asks, casually.

"um, yeah." I say, even more nervous. "That's pretty cool." He says, not reacting as much as I expected. "hey Peter, can I talk to you real quick" Mr. stark says, standing up. my heart stops for a moment.

"don't give him a hard time Tony, he's just a kid," Mr. rogers says, stopping Tony for a moment. Mr. Stark and I walk into the hallway and he pulls out a notebook.

"so, since you're Spider-Man, do you have any abilities other than wall climbing?" He asks, clicking his pen to write.

"um, yeah, I do. I have enhanced hearing, and um, sometimes my senses get overwhelmed. And I have like a sixth sense. I don't know how to describe it." I say, tripping over my words.

Mr. Stark writes in his notebook and tells me to go back to the couch. As I walk back to the couch I hear Mr. rogers and Dr. banner argue over a movie.

I sit on the couch in the same spot. I'm starting to like it here. After we watch a movie, I start to do the dishes. Ms. Romanoff walks up behind me.

"I think Tony wants to show you something. I'll get the dishes." She says, taking the plate from my hand.

I walk over to Mr. Stark and he hands me a smartwatch. "here, so you can set alarms easier" he says. "Mr. stark you really don't have to"

he cuts me off by saying "I want to show you something." I follow him down a hallway and he opens the door to a large bedroom with a desk and large window. "this is your room. It's not much but I wanted to let you pick your own stuff." He says.

I spend the rest of the day just hanging out with the Avengers. Before I know it, it's time to go home.

Happy drops me off and I can't help but feel like they pity me, like I'm a small person who needs protecting.

When I got to the home, everyone is already asleep. I run up to my room and just sit on my bed.

I'm a child again, around 5 years old. I'm standing in the rain outside the police station, asking aunt may why mommy and daddy won't wake up. Telling her how they made a scary noise when they fell. I'm completely innocent. She gently explains that they aren't going to wake up. I start to sob. I'm standing in front of aunt mays grave, with uncle ben standing behind me, I cry silently, trying my best to not make uncle ben upset. Now I'm standing in front of him. Three shots to the chest, bang, bang, bang. He falls to the ground, lifeless, dead. Why won't he wake up? Wake up!

I wake up, shaking and crying. I check my phone, it's midnight. Why do I keep doing this?

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/n this chapter is a bit longer than I thought it would be. Sorry about that! Anyway I just wanted to set up some back story so yeah! Hope you enjoy my story!