Just Friends

Maya's POV

"You okay Noda?" Midoriya and I were sitting on some steps, my face was red and I was too embarrassed to go back. "He said he liked me over the weekend... I assume you heard him too." He nodded, "W-well, I never had someone say that before, a-and I don't know how to handle that." Midoriya looked at me, "Yeaaaa, it is weird seeing you like this." He laughed a bit, rubbing my back. "But, I think the only reason no one has confessed to you before, is well... you can be a bit intimidating. You're kinda like Kacchan, just less explosive."

"No way that's true, I'm not supposed to be liked. Not by someone like him anyways..." I start to think about how I'm actually a villain, "I bet he wouldn't like me if he knew who I was..." I whispered. "What do you mean?" I snap my eyes to him, "N-nothing! I was just thinking out loud!" I wave my hands in his face, and he just smiled, "Well, no matter who you are, I'm sure Kirishima's feelings for you wouldn't change." Guilt gushed over me, knowing very well that his feeling would definitely change.

Kirishima's POV

"You sure you shouldn't go after her?" Mina asked. "Yea, I think you should go say sorry and bring her back before class starts." Kami suggested. Sighing, I get up.

I walk through the halls looking for her, not knowing what to say. "He can't like me Midoriya, he just can't..." "Why do you say that? I think you guys would be a good couple." I stay around the corner, listening to them talk. "B-because, if he does... I don't know." "Do you like him?" I could feel my heart speed up a bit, does she? "How could I like him...."

There was a pang in my chest. I take a deep breath and put a smile on my face. "Noda?" Her eyes were wide, she stood up panicking, "H-how long were you there?" "Not long, I was looking for you to see if you were okay." "So, you didn't hear what I said..." I acted like I was confused to what she was talking about it. "No, I just found you." She sighed is relief.

"Ummm, I'm going to let you guys talk." Deku said awkwardly before going back. "Uh, I just wanted to let you know that, when I said 'I like you' I meant as a friend." I lied, not wanting to hear her rejection. "As a friend......" "Yea..." She smiles brightly, "Th-that's a relief!" She hugged me, I wanted to be happy that she was acting like this, but I couldn't. "Wow, this is new." I tired to joke, "S-Sorry, I'm just happy that I misunderstood what you meant." I laughed, hugging her back.

Maya's POV
I let go of him, giving him a small smile, "Don't expect another hug." I giggled, I reach my hand out and he grabs it, "Wouldn't dream of it." He joked back. "Ummm, friends?" "Friends." After our agreement, we went back to the class.

"You guys good?" Midoriya asked, "Yea, you can say we are on good terms now." He looked at the red head, who gave him a thumbs up.

-RING-

The bell rang and Aizawa came in. "Alright, everyone go to your seats." We all sit down, and I got ready for another day. "Today we will be blah blah blah...." I zone out, finding myself thinking about what I really want to do with my life.

When school finally ended, I went straight home. When I got inside Kurogiri was waiting for me. "*sigh* What do you want." I asked rudely. "We are pulling you out of the school. It seems you don't know what you are doing."

I just stopped in my tracks, "What do you mean? You can't just take me out of a school like that!" "Yea we can, you're not doing what you're supposed to do. It's bad enough that you saved them and now you have a boyfriend? You are clearly not the right person to do this job." "B-boyfriend!?? I don't have a boyfriend!" He sighed, i could tell what he was thinking, even if I couldn't exactly read his face. "The boy with the red hair...."

"That dumbass!! Hell no! H-he is just a f-friend, weelll not even a f-friend. He just follows me around!" Sighing again he places his hand on my shoulder. "Well, how about this. You can continue to attend the school to find out who killed your parents, though I'm not sure how it would help you... and we send in another person to transfer into your school. Someone who could help you find out more about All Might."

"And who would that be?" He steps aside and I could feel my heart drop. "Heya! Nice to see you again."