Preparing

(1189 words)

A little bit of danxjay in this as well-
message in the last chapter in the beginning applies to this)

Hosuh POV

I smiled, 'Stephens such a dork' I thought. I'm not that big of a baby, I'll be fine, ghosts aren't even real.

I looked over to dan, following his gaze back to Jay, who's face was red. They both seemed to be done with the pizza and now Dan was picking on Jay playfully.

"Awwww~" I said, snickering. Dan looked back up to me, his face clearly flushed, with a bad attempt at hiding it.

I smirked and looked away to see Jessie heading back to the table to collect our dishes.

She slid the check on the table and once again, winked at dan.

I watched as Jay looked up to catch a glimpse of the check, only to see him scrunch up his nose in disgust and anger.

I quickly nudged Stephen to get his attention, he was glued to his phone as always. He lifted his head to see what I wanted, but I grinned widely as I saw his eyes glitter with excitement.

Jay coughed, getting Jessie's attention.

Dan didn't notice, he was busy, trying find a couple of bucks while digging through his wallet.

Jay leaned over and laid his head on dans shoulder, wrapping his arms around one of his, and snuggling his head against his shoulder, the whole time while directly staring at Jessie.

Jessie's face drained of color as her smile dropped.

she looked uncomfortable and guilty.

Jay stared directly at her and gave her a wink with a smirk. A satisfied and cocky look plastered across His face.

Me and Stephen desperately tried to hold in our laughter, this whole situation was hilarious.

Stephen struggled the most, he was shaking, his hands covering his face as an attempt to hide near tears forming in his eyes.

Jessie quickly scooped up the dishes and took them to the back, trying to hide her embarrassment.

Dan placed the check down, with a three dollar tip.

His confused expression when he put down the check and looked at us added to the pressure of not laughing.

I was able to see what Jessie wrote once dan placed the paper back down, "call me -Jessie, your waitress ;)" with a number below.

(Little bit of a time skip)

We were back on the road, we decided we would go to a nearby shop.

We didn't know how long we were going to stay- better being prepared rather then unprepared I guess.

We pulled up to a nearby mall and hopped out of the car, Dan walking over to grab a nearby shopping cart.

Stephen ran up to dans cart and jumped inside it, which startled dan.

"Onwards my stead!" Stephen yelled, pointing towards the store. Dan sighed while chuckling and started to push the cart towards the doors.

I paced beside them as jay began to speak
"Alright-so, I know a couple things we'll most definitely need," jay said thoughtfully

"We'll need something warm, like jackets or sweaters, I heard it's going to be in the 30's tonight (F or for ppl outside of the us, it would quite literally be 0 °C)

"Oh jeez, I might need a better jacket." I added

Jay continued "We'll need some bug repellent and probably flashlights and a pocket knife." Dan glanced at him

"I won't stab anyone!..... this time." Jay laughed

"You sure?" Dan asked, smiling. "I'm sure, it's probably just in case we get caught in something- like vines."

I watched as Dan nodded and carted Stephen inside.

"Hosuh!" Dan called "yea?" "Take the cart and go look for some jackets or something you would think we need." "Oh, alright."

"Me and jay will look around for some bug spray or- " "snacks!" Jay chirped happily "or snacks.." Dan laughed/sighed

"Alrighty- lets go Stephen!" I said, grabbing the cart and running towards the clothing aisle. Stephen rose his hands in the air as if he was on a roller coaster "wooo!"

Stephen POV

I sat in the cart as Hosuh carted us to the clothing aisle, specifically to find sweaters and jackets.

Before I knew it, we were there, he was already looking through the racks of clothing strung up in hangers, Grabbing a few and placing them on top of me in the cart,

"thanks for the blanket hosuh." I said jokingly. "Pfft, whatever. Stephen, do you like this one?" He asked, holding up a pastel purple sweater with spaced out light orange stripes.

"Perfect for Halloween coming up!" Hosuh chimed in, waiting for my answer. "Nice." I said nonchalantly.

Hosuh seemed unsatisfied with the answer I gave him, "so is that a yes??" He asked. "Sure." "  "Alright then." He said, not completely sure of what I meant, but still hanging it in the side of cart.

I hopped out of the cart silently, making sure to not disturb hosuh, might as well get the first scare out of hosuh for this month.

I snuck around the rack where all the clothes were hanging, the same one that hosuh was looking through and climbed inside it like I would do as a child to hide from my mom.

I sat there watching and waiting for Hosuh to slide the fabric out of my way which was guarding my face.

He turned around back towards the cart and realized that I had vanished. "Oh no.." I heard him mutter. He began to hum when he turned back to skim across the jackets- I assume he was going to wait and see if I came back.

Finally- the moment I had been waiting for, when he pushed the jacket over to the side, I quickly stuck my head out and yelled "BOO!"

He jumped back quickly and nearly fell, he was flapping his arms acting like a bird would when startled . I quickly stepped out and grabbed his wrists and pulled him back up to face me.

"Stephen!" Hosuh yelled, annoyed and embarrassed. I had a big grin on my face and I couldn't help but laugh at his reaction.

"Sorry!" I laughed as Hosuh lightly smacked me. "Love you!" "No!" Hosuh yelled, now laughing along with me.

We calmed down after a short time, and hosuh already went back to where he was. He grabbed some kind of jacket with fur and held it up to me, "put this on, tell me if you like it or not." Hosuh said, shoving the puffy jacket in my hands.

It's was a black, soft jacket, with some kind of  fur on the inside as lining, as well as the same fur inside the hood. It was surprisingly incredibly comfy, when I put it on even if the fur looked fake.

"Well?" Hosuh asked, "I actually... really like this one. It's super soft." I said

"Finally, a solid answer, I already got mine picked out, so let's go look for some gloves, and we'll find dan after, alright?"

"Alrighty." I said, but the terrible sinking feeling I had in my stomach came back once again.

Woo okay, I'm so so sorry that it took so long to get this out, this was more filler than anything else :/
But, happy Halloween to everyone who celebrates it, hope y'all have some amazing costumes picked out!