:Butterflies:

(965 words)

Stephen POV

(Time set is a few hours from the time in the last chapter... if that makes sense lol)

I woke up and blinked open my eyes, I was tired, and my entire body ached

I couldn't remember much, but I could hear the sound of chattering, soon followed by silence.

My vision was slightly blurred, but not so much I couldn't see infront of me.

"Mr Stephen, can you hear us?" I heard a voice ask. I was too tired to nod or respond, so I simply lifted my hand and then dropped it, trying to signal that i could, in fact, hear them.

"Alright, Stephen. Please, if you could try your best to speak."

I looked at my arms and noticed all the bandages and bruises, I was very confused to say the least. 'How did.. I get these??' I thought to myself.

My thoughts were cut off by the voice of dan "c'mon Stephen." "Stephen, try." I looked over to them, still confused.

'Dan, Jay?' I thought. I opened my mouth to speak the words, but nothing came out.

A few moments of silence went by. I looked over to Hosuh who was staring at me worriedly, he was biting his nails.

He let out a defeated sigh, and looked away sadly. I suddenly got hit with a feeling of sadness In my chest as soon as I saw his expression.

I took in a deep breath, well as much a I could muster, and tried to speak "Hosuh?" Was all o was able to squeak out, even if my voice cracked when I spoke.

Both my lungs and throat hurt, but his reaction in the end was worth it. He looked at me, his eyes lit up with excitement like a kids would on Christmas Day, and he smiled.

"Ah, so he can speak, but we need to work on it, his voice is strained." The doctor said. I rolled my eyes 'duh' I thought to myself.

The doctor reached his hand to me and I immediately moved away, which hurt as I pulled on something. I hissed in pain, which also hurt. Everything. hurt.

"Mr Stephen, please calm down, we are just going to adjust something, you're fine." The doctor said, trying to reassure me.

Everything started to set in as my vision got more clear. I started to slightly freak out, I couldn't move much without hurting, why was I hurting?? Why am I in a hospital, why can't I speak??

My breathing quickened, my chest felt like it was being crushed.

I was confused as all hell, things were spinning. I couldn't keep anything in my line of sight. 

The doctor reached his hand across me again and I Instinctively swatted it away. Then I felt jay who grabbed my arm and held it down.

I tried to move but my arms were to weak. The doctor hesitated before reaching over and unplugging something.

"Uh, okay, there. Whew." Jay breathed, as he let go of my arm. "He's confused, that's normal." The doctor sighed "your hand okay?" Dan asked. "Yea, yea, just didn't expect it." The doctor said, rubbing the palm of his hand.

"Stephen, can you try to sit up, please?" The doctor asked. My vision was still hazy, but I tried my best to sit up.

I slowly moved my arm back to use as support, my arms were extremely weak. I was eventually able to get into a slouching/ sitting upright position. I tried not to move much, as it already hurt to breathe, and I didn't want any other pain toppled up on it. My panic slowly went away.

I looked down at my arms again, noticing more and more as my arms were not as covered by the sheets anymore.

I had bandages around my knuckle, as well as other bandages wrapped around one of my elbows.

I reached my hand up to my face and touched my skin, feeling for any pain. None except for a bandages placed across my right cheek.

The nurse and doctor stepped away from the bed, as well as Jay and Dan. They all went over to go talk with eachother about something I couldn't hear, but most likely, me. Hosuh stayed at my bedside, still watching me.

I stared at myself, 'what,, happened to me?' I thought. I couldn't remember anything that happened before I woke up.

I swallowed nervously. I looked over to Hosuh with confused eyes, trying to signal that I didn't know what was going on, but he didn't seem to get it.

I noticed him staring at me with a warm smile, I stared right back at him. He jumped back into reality a short bit after and shook his head, realizing the situation.

I watched as his face turned a reddish- pink color, and he turned away from me, embarrassed.

I smiled, trying not to laugh at his reaction. I tried to signal with my hands that it was fine but he covered his face with the hoodie that he was wearing, this only made it harder not to laugh.

He let his head hang as he covered up his expression, so I reached out my hand and twirled a piece of his hair playfully. I could tell it only made him more bashful.

I couldn't help but chuckle, even if it hurt.
"You okay?" My voice cracked, I didn't want to speak, but I just wanted to make sure.

Hosuh lifted his head up, he was smiling, laughing at himself, his eyes were sparkly. I felt my face heat up.

He nodded his head, his face still red as strawberry. He giggled, and I felt butterflies in my stomach. 

Aww I'm just giving a bunch of wholesome chapters lol