~ Bad feeling ~

(1057 words)

3rd person POV

Stephen huffed, turning his head to the window side, getting ready to face the cold

Dan hurried and got out of the car
to get as much of the groceries into two empty backpacks he had shoved into the trunk earlier Before. Shoving candy after candy into any empty pockets available.

While dan was out of the car, Jay, hosuh and Stephen were hyping themselves up to face the now almost freezing, cold weather.

All three opened the car doors and stepped out, Hosuh immediately tensing up as he felt the cold air brush against the back of his neck.

Stephen trotted over to Hosuh, nearly tripping cause of the sleet on the ground. "You okay?" Hosuh asked, noticing Stephens nervous facial expression

Stephen sighed, looking slightly distressed and staring off into the distance. The dream he had just hit him. 'It was so... realistic. I could see and feel everything.' He thought to himself. The feeling in his stomach and chest was more intense now than ever.

"Maybe this trip isn't such a good idea?" Hosuh asked, looking at Stephen, concerned.

Stephen shook his head, grabbing Hosuh's hands and looking at him directly in the eyes. "No. No, I'm fine, I promise. Just a little tired, I just woke up after all!" Stephen said in a fake cheerful voice.

Stephen smiled at Hosuh, trying to seem like he meant it. Hosuh looked at him cautiously, but didn't say anything more and just nodded.

Dan hurried over and tossed a backpack to Stephen, also noticing his worried facial expression.

Dan looked at him for a moment before speaking. "Stephen, you okay? You don't have to do this yaknow, we can always go back hom-"
"No! No, I chose to come here. You can go back if you want to, but Stephen is tough, and will stay here all night." Stephen said, acting tough. Dan smiled, "okaay then."

Stephen smiled, but then turned to Jay who was staring at him silently while leaning against the car. His yellow and red-ish eyes were glaring at him, Stephen stared back at him in return. He knew that jay could tell something was off. He sighed, putting his smile back on for a moment.

Stephen stepped to dan and Hosuh "go ahead, me and jay will catch up with you guys."

Hosuh looked at him for another moment before nodding and trotting over to dan who was already leading the way.

Stephen silently walked over to jay, who was still peering at him.

"Yea?" Stephen asked. "Dude, what's up with you today? Something happen while I was gone over the month?" "No.. everything's fine Jay- you don't need to worry about me-" Jay gave him a look, he clearly knew that something was up.

"Is this about Hosuh??" Jay asked bluntly, making Stephens face go red. "No!-" Stephen said, defensively "well... yes and no.." Stephen mumbled, looking over his shoulder to make sure Hosuh and dan were out of earshot.

"Dude. Just tell me, we've been friends for the longest time, I know you, you can't hide anything from me. If this isn't about Hosuh, than what is it about?" Jay asked in a serious tone.

Stephen sighed in defeat. "Listen, I don't know what's going on between me and Hosuh. I think he likes me but I'm just..." he took a sharp inhale "I'm just not sure, okay? Damnit.. I don't understand my own feelings right now! I swear to god I.. I just... I don't-" Stephen balled up his fist in frustration. Jay placed his hand on Stephens shoulder, as way to try and make him calm down.

"Yea, yea, sorry. I'm going on a bit of a tangent. I'll figure it out, okay? I need to figure this out on my own." "Okay, so then, what's making you so worried if it's not Hosuh?" Jay, taking a mental note of this whole interaction

"I... don't know to be honest. I've just had the worst feeling throughout the day?" "Oh, is that why you were acting so weird at lunch?" Jay pondered "Yea, exactly!"

"I'm sure you'll be fine, Stephen. Maybe it's just a feeling? Dan told me over the phone that he's worried about you, you're emotions have been everywhere this month. Just calm down, and think carefully about what you do. You not get anywhere if you let your emotions get to you this easily."

Stephen looked at him for a moment, processing everything he said, before snickering to himself. "You sound like a therapist."

Jay stopped for a moment thinking about what he said, before smirking "I guess so. Just chill out dude. And Take care of Hosuh, I'm sure he'll need you today.." Jay laughed

"and you take care of dan." Stephen smirked. His amusement grew as he watched Jays face become flushed. "I.. whatever." Jay huffed, his breath being visible due to the cold air.

"Let's just go, c'mon. They're probably waiting on us." Stephen called, picking up the backpack and placing it on his back. He grabbed Jays wrist and tugged him along.

(Time skip)

Stephen jogged up to Hosuh, nearly slipping once again and grabbing Hosuh's shoulder to regain his balance. "Calm down." Hosuh sighed with a smile, glad to see that Stephen was already feeling better.

"What were you two doing?" Dan asked, "oh we were just talking is all. Plus I forgot my gloves in the car." Stephen said, scratching his head.

"Oh." Hosuh said quietly. "We could of waited on you, ya'know?" "Oh no, it's fine." Stephen said, reassuringly

"Right, Well let's go, here, Stephen, Hosuh." Dan said addressing the two before tossing a flashlight to Stephen and handing a pocket knife to Hosuh.

Hosuh seemed surprised and gave Dan a confused look. "Well, you're the most trustworthy one with a knife out of the two of you." Dan said, eyeing Stephen.

"C'mon, the house is just down this path." Dan said, pointing to a rubble path. "Let's try to get there before it's fully night." "Yea, that's a good idea.." hosuh agreed, looking up at the sun that looked like it was about to disappear behind the bunches of trees that laid ahead.

They began to head down the path. When Hosuh started to have this strange feeling in his chest...

To be continued...

Woo okay, so, a little background for this one. For this story, Jay and Stephen has been friends since kids and they've hung out for a long time so they know quite a bit about eachothers lives and emotions. (That's why Stephen doesn't mind talking with him about his emotions.)

Also imma be on a little bit of a hiatus, my uncle is getting married! And I'm helping with some preparations and all that jazz. So, cya soon!