^Leaving^

(596 words) sorry this is a short chapter!

Hosuh POV

I stirred out of my sleep as I felt someone poke me awake "hosuhhh, wake uppp." A voice said

"Huh?" I grumbled tiredly opening my eyes to see dan poking me.

"We gotta go bud, c'mon." He said, but it was slightly muffled to me. I leaned over in my chair and rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up.

"You sure you don't need a wheelchair? We don't want you accidentally collapsing." I heard a voice ask. "No, no, it's fine, I'm strong." Another voice reassured.

I picked my head up to see who was talking, to see the doctor who was talking to Stephen, and he was.... out of bed?

"If you say so. alright, I'll prescribe you some pain meds you can pick up later. Make sure to come back within two weeks, we'll take out the stitches." The doctor said with reassurance.

I could tell Stephens voice was much less hoarse now, and he seemed more relaxed.

Stephen looked at him for a moment with concern, before nodding.

I felt dan grab my hand and try to lift me up. I yawned before reluctantly standing to my feet and grabbing my bag.

I heard jay thanking the doctor for letting me stay here with Stephen the past couple of days, which the doctor humbly said that it was completely fine.

Jay shook his hand before opening the door to let me and the others through.

"You're knees don't hurt?" Jay asked, "a little, but I'll be fine." Stephen said with reassurance.

The whole time I just listened to there conversation sleepily, I didn't get the best sleep, the chair was uncomfortable as hell.

Jay and Stephen were in the front but Stephen started to slow his pace, allowing dan to get in front of him.

He slowed down and began walking by my side instead.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly, looking over to him.
He looked back at me with smile and a reassurance in his eyes, I guess I looked worried.

I smiled sleepily as well, happy he's out of this hospital, I could barely stay a day longer here. I just want to go home and fall asleep on an actual comfortable bed.

We continued to walk down the hallway, Stephen glancing at me nervously from time to time, as if he was waiting for something.

We got to the elevator and eventually, to the base floor where the lobby was, and headed out to the car.

Stephen slowly stepped in, his back must ache so much from just laying that old hospital bed, I could tell when I payed on it, it definitely wasn't comfortable.

Just as I thought it, the memory replayed in my head of the former night.

I laughed to myself, waiting for Stephen to buckle up, as we both sat in the back of the car.

Finally, we started our journey back home, it was going to be a slightly long one, but I didn't care, gave me more time to sleep.

I laid my head against the car window, staring out at the things that passed, from signs to interesting trees.

I felt something brush against my hand and I looked over to Stephen. He was eyeing me before averting his gaze awkwardly and shuffling his hand away from mine.

I rolled my eyes with a smile, not really caring as I grabbed his hand and held it tightly.

He looked back at me, clearly stumped at my actions. I just smiled smugly and laud my head back against the car window.