:Smile:

Hosuh POV

Two days had passed, Stephen was still unconscious.

Doctor had told me that he was getting better! 'Stephen was getting better!' I thought, I was ecstatic. Everything had gone smoothly and his stitches were healing quite fast.

I had stayed with him in the hospital for the most part, being here with him every step of the way.

Currently I was sitting on the bed, brushing his hair, humming the same melody as before. My hair was fixed, and my mood was much better ever since they told me. I put back the hair clip before I heard a knock on the door.

I hopped off the bed and bounced over to the door, pulling it open.

"Oh, dan, Jay, what's up?" I asked cheerfully.
"Oh, Hosuh, you seem much better?" Jay asked. "Had Stephen waken up?" "No, unfortunately. I'm just happy cause he's getting better, from what the nurses told me."

Me and Jay expressed our excitement while Dan was silent, hiding behind Jay, as to avoid eye contact with me. He was scratching the back of his head nervously the whole time.

I noticed this, and moved out of the way to let them inside.

As they both entered, Jay going first, followed by dan, I closed the door and hugged dan from behind.

He jumped, "wha- Hosuh, what are you doing?" I let go and huffed. "Listen Dan, I'm sorry. I was angry at the time, I didn't mean to be rude. I just acted out in the moment, yaknow?" Dan was silent for a moment as he turned around to face me again.

He huffed "it's fine Hosuh, I'm sorry, I should've never brought us to that place. I wasn't thinking of what was going to happen, just wanted a fun place to visit." He said, looking away.

"I know you, Dan. I know you didn't have any intention to hurt us. It's fine, and I'm sure Stephen would see it that way too." I said with a smile.

Dan looked back up, and smiled slightly. "Bro hug?" He asked "bro hug." I answered. He pulled me into a tight embrace and hugged me, which I returned the hug quickly.

I felt another pair of arms wrap around me and dan. "C'mon, you gotta include me in the bro hug too." Jay said, hugging us both "pfft whatever Jay." I responded jokingly.

We all let go after a moment, and sat down in the chairs.

"I see you've made use of the hair clips we brought?" Jay snickered, pointing to Stephens fully groomed hair.

"Yea, might as well." I responded, laughing a bit myself, before sipping on some tea that the hospital provided for free. "He never lets me brush his hair anymore, so I took advantage of it." I said with a laugh.

"Ha!" Jay laughed, "awwww." Dan said, laughing as well. I felt my face go red, but I reluctantly laughed along with them.

A door opened and a nurse walked in. She immediately went over to one of the machines and checked something. We watched as her eyes lit up with amazement.

"Everything alright over there?" Jay asked, she turned her head and nodded, before returning her attention to the machine.

A Doctor walked and started chatting with the nurse. They both turned and walked up to Stephens Hospital bed.

All of us eyed them curiously, wondering why they were so interested in Stephen.

My eyes widened as I noticed his eyes started to open slowly. I immediately stood up and quickly walked over to his bedside.

"Is.. is he waking up?!" I asked, ecstatic, but also worried. "We believe so, from what we've been monitoring so far. He's most likely going to be in and out of consciousness." The doc said, still keeping he kept his focus on Stephens movements. Jay and Dan stood up as well, also walking over to Stephens bed side.

Stephens eyes opened fully, even if he was clearly drowsy. He moved his hand and placed on his stomach, the same place that the pole had been. As soon as his hand made contact with his side He pulled it away and grumbled.

"Mr Stephen? Can you hear me?" The doctor asked. Stephen was still for a few moments before he nodded slowly. The doctor nodded and stepped away, but kept his gaze on Stephen.

Stephen aimlessly looked around the room, before he laid his eyes on me. He raised his eyebrows slightly, and lifted his arm, and extended his hand.

I panicked for a moment but reached out my own hand without thinking. We pressed our hands together and he wrapped his fingers around mine. I felt my face flush red and my stomach was filled with butterflies.

Stephens face hadn't shown any emotions so far, but when he saw my expression, he was able to render a smirk, before his eyes shut again, and he laid his head back down on the pillow.

I still held his hand when he went back into unconsciousness.

"That had to be the most wholesome shit I've ever seen." Jay snickered, but clearly surprised that Stephen was able to move.

I looked up to see the nurse smiling while jotting something down on her clipboard.

"That's a good sign, he's beginning to wake up. It'll be a bit before he fully wakes up, as some struggle to regain the ability to move." The doctor said, looking over to the nurses clipboard. "Otherwise, it seems everything is going good so far. The only thing we need to worry about is the possibility of amnesia or the inability to speak. Luckily he hadn't originally taken that much of brain damage, surprisingly." He said thoughtfully.

"How long does it usually take people to come out of comas?" Dan asked

"Usually it depends on the amount of damage that impacted the brain. In Stephens case, he surprisingly didn't do much considering the circumstances. So, people like him usually recover in under a week. He scored a 14 on the Glasgow Coma scale, so it's pretty likely he'll make a full recovery." He said, delighted.

"Really??" I asked, I was speechless, he'd recovered so much faster than I expected. "Mhm"

"Hosuh, this is great!" Jay said with excitement.

I was smiling widely, I felt like I was the happiest person alive, I nearly started crying. This whole thing was going to be over soon, thank god.

"Hosuh, yaknow ya need to eventually let go of Stephen." Jay laughed, which caused both the nurse, doctor, and Jay laugh.

I realized just how long I was holding him "ah, right." I giggled, and gently laid Stephens hand down on the bed.

UwU have some wholesomeness for your day