+Hospital+

(1080 words)

Hosuh POV

I stayed there next to the Hospital bed, watching Stephen breathe calmly, caressing his hair. he'd been in a coma for a few days now.

the nurse had told us that he'd taken quite the amount of head trauma that night, it was a miracle that he didn't just pass out immediately from the impact. His skull had been cracked though, he had to get multiple stitches in the back of his head.

The doctor walked into the room "hello~!" She said cheerfully. I nodded at her, and turned back to keep my attention focused on Stephen.

She looked away awkwardly and focused on her clipboard she had brought with her.

"Mr...Hosuh, Correct? " she asked, I stood silent, but after a couple moments, I nodded. I felt as if the life was drained out of me, the only thing I cared about, was seeing Stephen be happy or smile.

"Okay! Mr.Hosuh, how is your sprain doing? Feeling better?" She asked pointing to my wrist

I didn't even care about what she was saying to me, I just stared at him, remembering what had happened that night. his pain filled face, blood dripping down his body, the shriek when I pulled out the pole...

"Mr Hosuh? You okay?" I popped my head up, "oh! Yea, yea... it's just..." i looked back at Stephen then back to the Doctor, "um, how's his wound? Where the pole was... I knew it wasn't smart to push it out but..." I said, looking away in shame.

"Mr.Hosuh, it's okay, the wound was only penetrating one of his outermost abdominal muscles, no damage was done to any of his vital organs." She said, trying to comfort me.

I appreciate the fact that she's trying to help, but it's just weird to see Stephen like this. I'm really not in the mood to be talked to.

I sighed out of frustration, and dropped my head down, closing my eyes.

A few moments of silence passed, accompanied by the sound of ticking coming from a clock. She sighed before she spoke again. "Mr. Hosuh, I know you are concerned for your friend, but we are doing the best we can as of now. We just need to wait. His wounds are stitched up, and he's under multiple medications, we're here to make sure nothing gets worse and-"

I kept quiet, before interrupting her. "P-please, leave me alone..." I mumbled, my head still down.

I heard a sad sigh, then a opening and closing of a door, and finally silence.

It was quiet, again, besides the ticking of the clock.

A couple moments went by as thoughts raced across my mind. 'I can't believe this is happening, poor Stephen, I'm so sorry this had to happen to you..'

I covered my face and wiped my eyes, I was exhausted.

I opened up my eyes again and reached out my hand, and gently taking Stephen's. I stayed quiet as I stared at his hand, "wake up Stephen..." I whispered.

'Nothing happened, I should've of figured, he wasn't going to pop out of bed and suddenly be magically healed.. that's not how it works in the world..' I thought to myself

I laid my head against the hospital bed,near Stephens feet, crossing my arm across my face while still holding his hand.

I nearly fell asleep.

Jay POV

Me and dan hopped out of car, closing the door behind us before staring at the hospital. I looked up and sighed, my breath being visible by the cold.

I looked over to dan, who was looking up to the night sky, visibly distressed. 

I felt sad as I watched him, he'd been beating himself up for this whole thing. We scared them, sure, but we never meant anything like this to be done. We didn't know.

"Daniel." I said, walking over and placing my hand on his shoulder. Dan turned around and looked up at me like a sad puppy, his eyes were extremely sad, and you could tell just by looking at him that he was going through something.

His hair was messy and his eyes had dark circles underneath, he hadn't been able to get good sleep ever since this. It broke my heart to see him in such a state.

He stared at me a moment longer before the corners of his eyes started to well up with tears, and he looked away in shame.

"Wait, no, no, no, no, Dan, Daniel, calm down."
I said out of panic, as tears ran down his face. "Dan, this isn't your fault." I said, trying to calm him.

Without warning, he hugged me tightly, mumbling "I'm so sorry.." I hugged him back in return, not wanting to hear his words of sorrow anymore.

"Dan, please, listen to me." I said, which made Dan look up at me "you didn't cause the place to crumble, that's not your fault. You can't blame yourself over things you have no control over. Stephen will be okay, Hosuhs in there by his side."

He sighed but hugged me for a few more seconds before letting go. He wiped his eyes and nodded, looking back at the Hospital.
"Alright.. let's go." Dan said nervously. I smiled and took his hand, leading him through the entrance to the receptionist.

(Tiny time skip cause I'm lazy)

"Alright, there ya go. They should be down the hall to the right once you get to the third level." The lady at the receptionist said, pointing to the elevator to the right.

"Yes, thank you. C'mon, let's go dan." I said, once again leading the way. Dan hesitated before he followed, I could tell he was nervous to see Stephens condition.

We walked in, pressed the button for the third floor and got out as soon as it hit it. 

I was the first out, followed by dan, he walked slower than me, as a way to waste more time. "Dan, c'mon, I know you're nervous, but we gotta check up on them." "But what about Stephen? When he wakes up?? He's gonna hate me-" "I've known Stephen for the longest time, I know what he's like. He wouldn't do that." I said, cutting him off.

He sighed, I could tell he was still uncertain about it. "Dan, trust me. It'll be okay." "If you say so..." he mumbled.

We walked a bit down the hall, before stopping behind a door, "here they are."  I said

Ehhh so I think hospitals have a certain time that visitors can stay in hospitals?? Eh idk how hospitals work lol so just roll with it