1.LAKSHMI

"Hmm... New class,new year ... I m in second standard..." Lakshmi thought proudly while stepping the doorstep. Her friends awaited her inside.. Being the most energetic, smart and studious making friends was never a hard thing for her... rather she attracted them...
Slim like a pencil, oval face that shouts sharpness and smartness , athletic body with sports shoes, the most attractive feature is her hair.. thick black bushy hair..
"Buddy...so we together for another year right" , she straight away went and clasped Selmi's back. Selmi her friend is her bestie from the day one in International Indian School,Riyadh proudly and dearly called as IISR is the major Indian School in Saudi Arabia.
" Of course .. where you go I will be there , lakku", Selmi smiled. Lakshmi felt proud looking at her gang surrounding them. Selmi , Fathima,Aiysha, Lamya,Jewel where her main alleys in prank making. They where all studious which was the main reason for them coming together . But they where not just bookworms, they excelled in one or other fields . Lakshmi was a all in one type .
" Hey, how was your vaccations?" , Jewel asked meanwhile pinching Aiysha.
" It was good ... OUCH.. " Aiysha passed the pinch to her which Lakshmi dutifully given to Selmi.
Bell rings
" How come it's already time for the first bell, time is really going fast man" Fathima jumped from the table she was sitting and seated in the chair of that same table. Lakshmi lifted her bag which was lying down and placed it on the chair next to Selmi's in the middle row .
Their class was arranged in 3 columns and 6 rows. The 1st column in the left side is 2 seated with teacher's table and chair. The middle column is four seated( front row people has to suffer the dust from boards) and the last one was 2 seated too..
The second, third places where reserved by her and friends from the day one together in their LKG class.
It was in the midst of all the chaos , she noticed many new faces. Shuffling.. Their school is very big. So each section nearly contains 11 classes with each nearly 50 students. Many classes, many opportunities to shuffle. From 9th standard onwards there is no shuffling.
Bell rings
"Oh .. now an hour standing awaits " Lakshmi thought dreadly. While in the huffle puffle for getting ready for assembly .. she vaguely caught a glimpse of a girl in the door. Mam went to her, asking. Wait... when did mam entered the class ???
" New admission.... new in foreign school.... take care... bye..." she heard . The new girl's father with pants and inserted shirts and mother in abaya(which is a must for women in Saudi Arabia) bid her goodbye. Her mother placed a kiss on her forehead. Seeing this , she suddenly missed her own mother .... so that's a new girl there... poor one now she is one of the trapped rats . Eyeing the square faced , fatty not too much, with two pigtails and a scared expression , Lakshmi mentally said a welcome.
The new girl was made to sit in the front seat near the teacher's desk.
Lakshmi eyed her ,but her focus shifted to another person who just entered panting. Saman.... that girl.. Lakshmi felt a similar distaste in her mouth. She always hated her. Why?? Don't know. She simply doesn't like her. Not only Her, her full gang shared similar feelings . Saman sat near the new girl, smiling at her on the way. " You too are made for each other ", Lakshmi thought gravely.
That's when teacher banged the table calling for attention. Attendance....
"Present mam...present mam..." the familiar chorus was on the air. That was when the new girl's turn came. She simply stood , not knowing what to do. Mam marked her and told her to sit. ' That girl is really a marshmallow..' she heard someone whispering with distaste . No wonder .. no one in her gang including her like inactive soft people. But something in that newbie caught Lakshmi's attention ... what is it .. she doesn't know...
She doesn't know that that newbie already caught a place in her heart ...