5.ARYA

"Okay ,let's play ice and water today ". Binsiya called to everyone. Recess - a 45 minutes break after a torture of 4 periods ,each of which is 45 minutes duration. Most of the students have their breakfast during this period. Others bring snacks for this time. Usually 5 minutes max. 10 minutes is given for eating. Rest they use for playing.
"Okay"... Her friends echoes.
"Shabnam,run ... Binsiya is coming after you..". Chinnu shouted. Binsiya got the lot for being the catcher. It was now up to her to catch all the rest.
"Binsiya ... catch me if you can." Arya danced back and forth in front of Binsiya. She caught Shabnam and Arya was trying to move Binsiya away from Shabnam and the rest of them will unfreeze Shabnam. As expected Binsiya took the cue and ran after Arya. Meanwhile Shahana touched Shabnam and unfreeze her. The game continued till the bell rang.
"Oh god ,it's maths .I am hell tired . I don't want to sit in this period. " Shooroq whinned. "Yeah me too.." Balkees said while gulping down water. " Oh Hell...She is coming guys. Everyone fast to their places." Everyone rushed and a moment of chaos followed. When teacher entered the class was so decent like nothing happened. But it never existed more than 5 minutes.
"How many times I have to say to be quiet." Teacher exploded after saying for hundred times. The class suddenly became as quiet as if the sound of a fallen pin can be heard. "I am going to complain to your class teacher."
Lakshmi caught her head in her hand. This will be the what ... one of the many complains of this class.
Arya saw her gesture and thought about doing the same. By the way ,she and Lakshmi are no more partners. Now Arya sat with her friends mainly Balkees and Binsiya. And Lakshmi sat with Selmi in front of her.
This year two girls ,Parvathy and  Lekshmi sreekumar , who came from other sections was their class representatives. They two where best friends and Parvathy was the daughter of a teacher of that school. They where two good girls and friendly too.
"Ah.. so tomorrow's quota is up." Balkees giggled next to Arya. Arya too joined her. Shortly the two benches including hers and the one back of her where busy laughing. This was enough to break the much controlled anger of the teacher. "That's it... I am fed up of this class. You do what ever you want I am leaving." Teacher stormed out of the class.
"Awww... escaped yaar.." Binsiya raised her hand for high five when Lakshmi turned and scowled at them. "This bhuji girl." They laughed.
Minutes tic toced away. Bell rang.
"This is my period." Arya felt alive again. " Which is this period?." Anjana asked looking at Arya.
"Malayalam."Balkees replied not too enthusiastically.
Arya just shook her head. It was from this year that their third language started. So they are learning the basics like the alphabet. Arya learned her kindergartens and 1st standard in India. So she was already fluent with the basics. Automatically, she never learned anything in malayalam. Just revised. So naturally she was the top scorer. Oops... one of the top scorers...
" They are coming." Arya heard Lakshmi saying to Selmi. Being third language is an optional one, people who opted Malayalam from other classes also was made to sit in this class. 3 classes where combined minimum. "What about a surprise test??" "Noooooooo...."
" Okay ,then sure I will conduct. Take a price of paper everybody. Fast".
"Thats fine . I know." Arya repeated in her mind . Papers where collected and some where happy , some have sad  faces , some even cried. It was then she noticed something. How could something like this miss her eye.
Immediately, she called Binsiya. "This is important. Look." She pointed towards Lakshmi. " Oh.. " Lakshmi was wearing spectacles. Now that studious girl look is complete. And she is looking more fierce.
"I hate this waiting." Arya thought with dismay while waiting for her family friend,Gayathri. She was a senior and a family friend and van mate. It was she who would pick Arya after class. It was in one of these waiting that Arya noticed a girl next to her. With a bag looking heavier than the carrier,looking sharp in her new spectacles and tired from today activities, it is Lakshmi.
"Hey hello." Lakshmi said .
"Ah.. what... oh ... sss sorry .. I mean hai." Arya stammered, suddenly feeling all red.
"Are you waiting for someone?"
"Yes. My family friend. You?"
"Yes. My cousin. By the way she will take time. Meantime can we play something."
Arya could only stare at the person standing next to her and she fought an impulse to turn back and look if Lakshmi is talking to someone else.
"You don't want to play.??"
Arya blinked and barely managed to recollect her wits." Oh sure.Let's play." They started playing wall catcher and after 15 minutes Lakshmi's cousin came and bid Arya good day. Arya said good bye and turned to pick her bags. It was then she noticed she had her lunch bag missing. Turning with recognisation flashing her mind, she saw Lakshmi running with Arya's lunch bag. "I will keep it at 6th C...." Lakshmi shouted at her wake. " But where is 6th C .." Arya was on the verge of tears when Gayathri came. It was Gayathri who showed her the 6th C class and her lunch bag in the table. " I will never understand that girl." Arya huffed. But she felt happy somewhere deep inside her heart, somewhere, where the feeling are unknown even to the heart bearer.       Unexpected friendships will always bear the fruits of everlasting happiness and memories.