9.ARYA

'Shahana.... please listen to me. It's not how you think. Let me explain.' Shahana just turned and walked towards the class, their new class, 6-C. Arya huffed with frustration and irritation and followed her. At the entrance she again made an attempt for explanation. 'Wait. Listen, please.'
'No. I don't want to. You like those people more than me. I know you like Anashwara more.' With this she turned and stormed in to the class. 'Anashwara!! What does she have to do with this?' Arya turned and saw that their friends where planning to play in the window still. A moment later Shahana came out of the class only to call Chinnu and together they walked to some other place without even sparing a glance at Arya.
'I really wish Balkees was here. She never would have fought nor talked to Chinnu at a situation like this. Arya turned and looked at her friends playing from the top of the stairs while sadly wishing if she had Balkees and Binsiya beside her sides.
After the fourth standard separation, it was difficult at the starting to part from Binsiya and Anjana. But luckily Balkees helped Arya to recover from it with ease. Her funny nature and the cool personality with Arya's loyalty and friendliness made them a combo even before they understand. During fourth Lakshmi too became a part of her gang along with her friend Lamiya. It was shocking at first but Arya could understand her situation. Then into their lives came Anashwara, Arma and Asma and many other people. They became company with Anashwara immediately and it was Lakshmi who became more attached to her. It was fun having a big gang and fun became unlimited during the P.E.D periods. Those where carefree and enjoyable days. Then came the fifth standard. They said good bye to their pinafore uniforms and welcomed salwar kameez. It was funny watching people wearing shawls in different ways. Some did not even pin properly so it was always slipping away. Lakshmi again became the class monitor along with Sree Lakshmi R.K. Another year for her to irritate everyone. But she improved a lot from that second standard Lakshmi. Arya saw and understood that changes more than anyone as she only, knew both Lakshmi closely. There was a speciality for their fifth class. They where the section seniors and also three office bearers where from their class. But even after all this, theirs was the most noiseist and most notorious of the classes. Arya felt that almost all the talkatives where in her class. Anashwara ... Lakshmi( though she was the class representative, she never missed a chance to talk ... yeah, she really got changed in those areas.) Anashwara was a common one to be picked for talking by teachers. Arya still remembered an incident in her fifth grade.
It was a free period and the substition teacher refused to take them to P.E.D even after their continuous pleas.
'The auditorium is not free at the moment. You all take some book and learn.' With this she continued to do her work. But who is going to learn in free periods... naturally they started playing and talking. Arya and her friends seated themselves in two rows in adjustment and started playing police and thief. As the game  progressed, so was the excitement. At a point, Anashwara became the police. Everyone looked at Anu innocently and Anu was looking with suspicition. 'I will catch you thief.' She said with smirk.
'I am dead.' Suddenly Chinnu put her hand on the table
'I am dead.' Now it was Shahana's turn.
'I have found the thief. Its Lakshmi.' Anu said confidently.
'Are you sure??' Arya asked to make sure.
'Yes, Lakshmi is the one.'
'Ah.. I was stupid to wink at Shahana so fast.' Lakshmi raised her hand with the paper on which it is written 'thief'. 'Yes, I got it. I told you so.' Anashwara yelled with laughter. The sound was enough to catch the attention of the teacher.
'You girl. You over there, yes you only. Why did you shout like that. Don't you know it's a class. Just go and stand over that corner.' Teacher pointed towards the corner by the door. Anashwara just went and stood there but after a while she started talking with the girls on the front bench. Teacher saw that and made her stand at the back left corner and the same thing happened. Teacher was reluctant to admit her defeat , so she made her stand in the right back corner. Anashwara never failed to attract her fellow mates to talk with her. ' You will talk wherever I made you to stand. It's useless. Just go and sit and try to talk softly.'
'Yes mam.' Anashwara came back with a smile that showed she won the battle. Arya was impressed deeply at her, at that cool personality, her way of handling situations.
Gradually they became thick friends and Arya never failed to laugh in Anashwara's presence.
Then came their 2 month summer vacations. They said good byes and some went to India. Arya came back three weeks after their reopening day. It was then she realised that Balkees have gone to India on exit as she had some urgent family problems. She came on the reopening day and bid everyone good bye. As Arya was not there ,she gave a chocolate to Shahana to give to Arya as her farewell gift. After hearing everything from Shahana, Arya just took the chocolate and walked without having a destination in mind.
Arya still remembered the pain she felt and the thought that ran in her mind. 'I didn't said good bye or best wishes to her and I don't have her number or address either.' Till date she never heard of Balkees again. What she is doing?? Where she is ?? How is She?? Everything is still a question to her.
Balkees, a girl who came to her with a  'hello' ,faded into the depths of her heart even without a proper good bye....