Savior

Sean's POV

I stood next to Owen, staring at the school in horror. The two story building was a good size for a third of the student population. It was obvious that there were too many students packed into this school and that no one was trying to stop the activities that were being done. Teenagers kissed and groped each other on the courtyard ground. Kid were outright smoking despite the school having a no smoking policy, and even a few were doing drugs. And this was just in the courtyard.

"We have the right place, right?" I spoke to my best friend who stood beside me.

His eyes narrowed. When we got the mission, we had missed the registration day. Another team had already placed cameras around the school. "Yes, Dr. Roberts gave us this address. Let's go, Dr. Green. We have to find the principal's office."

We shared a look before braving through the bowels of hell- I mean, the hallways of the school. There seemed to be an endless sea of teens that elbowed each other to move. When asking teens politely to move aside didn't work, we had to resort to elbowing our way towards the principal's office.

I wanted to smirk at Owen. His face was still frozen in its emotionless mask, but his eyes flared with anger and disbelief. His suit was getting wrinkled and his hair was messed as if someone had ran their hands through his hair. I jumped when I felt someone smack my bottom. I tried to look behind me but all I saw were people moving.

Suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled. My back met the wall of lockers with a bang. Then there was a body pressed against mine. A girl in skimpy clothes stared at me with her brown eyes. Black locks curled down her back, and her lips were pulled into a seductive smile. She pressed her chest into me, forcing her barely covered chest into my face. She purred and her hands roamed up my chest as she spoke. "I haven't seen you before. Are you new?"

I chuckled nervously with my hands in the air. If I wasn't a gentleman, I would have pushed her away with me with all my might, but since I was, I tried to scoot away from her but was followed. "I am. I'm on my way towards the principal's office."

Her eyes lit up. "I can take you to the office if you give me something for it."

I opened my mouth when a voice spoke. "Jade."

Her brown eyes widened before she jumped away from me. I blinked in shock at what happened and looked at who spoke. The first thing that I noticed is that the students were walking around him, giving him a wide berth. The second thing that I noticed was that he didn't look like someone who people would be afraid of.

He was shorter than me about five inches. His hair was two toned. Two strands of hair was bleached blonde and framed his face. The rest of his hair was a rich brown. He wore an black leather jacker over his orange t-shirt and distressed blue jeans. But what I noticed was his crystal blue eyes that stared at the girl called Jade. They held a coldness and a look so similar to those I've seen in the new recruit's eyes at the Academy.

Jade glared at the stranger. "What?"

The stranger sighed. "Let him go."

She sneered at him before looking back at me. Her brown eyes swept over my body and held a promise that this wasn't over. Without another word, she stalked away into the crowd, leaving me with this stranger.

The boy looked at me and smiled. The coldness left his eyes but the shadows still lingered in his eyes. "Hey, sorry about Jade. She's a whore, and she has her sights on you. I'm Gabriel Coleman by the way." He stepped forward with his hand outstretched, drawing eyes from the crowd.

I took his hand. "Dr. Sean Green. Thanks for saving me from that sticky situation."

Gabriel chuckled. "No problem. You're the new teacher, right?"

I blinked. "Yes, I'll be teaching Japanese and I'm the new school doctor." Suddenly I remembered about my now lost friend. "Hey, have you seen a guy in a suit with a I'm-too-cool-for-this expression?"

"Fuck yeah," Gabriel jerked his way further into the hallway. "One of my friends is rescuing him. I'll take you to the principal's office." 

I smiled, bouncing until I stood next to him. "Thanks. So can you tell me why everyone is avoiding you have the plague?"

Gabriel looked at me with surprised eyes before laughing. Wiping tears from his eyes, he gave me a lop-sided smile. "You get to the point, don't you?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Being a doctor has made me get to the point quickly."

The student looked away. "I guess you can say my friends and I are popular. Ah, here it is." He pointed towards a door. "This is where I leave you, Dr. Green. I'll see ya around."

Before I could speak to him more, he walked into the crowd and was gobbled up. I took a step towards the door when I heard a noise. Turning around, I was able to see Owen being spit out of the crowd. He stumbled before catching himself. Straightening, he looked at me with a glare that said for me not to speak of this event again. Smiling, I shrugged. I wasn't promising anything.

After putting himself back together, Owen and I stepped through the doors to hear yelling inside the office further in. The receptionist shifted nervously, her eyes wandering to the student sitting in the seats, the office behind her, and now towards us. A wobbly smile appeared on her face. "Good morning. How can I help you?"

Ignoring the yelling, Owen spoke. "Yes, my name is Owen Blackbourne. My associate Dr. Sean Green and I are here to talk to a Principle Hendricks."

She smiled. "Of course. Please, sit, and I'll notify Mr. Hendricks of your arrival."

Owen nodded. "Thank you."

We sat in the available seats next to the boy. His hair was brown and flopped over his forehead. His eyes were closed, and a pair of black eyeglasses similar to Owen's were sliding down his nose. He wore a green utility jacker over a forest green t-shirt and black jeans. When we sat down, his eyes opened. Emerald green eyes looked at us in suspicion and interest.

Before any of us could speak, the door to the office opened, and a man stepped out. He was tall with a receding hair line. Brown eyes stared with a hard expression. I've seen hard expressions but his were almost as if he hated everything, even the very air we breathed. His eyes flickered to the student sitting next to me, and his lips turned downward. "Mr. Blackbourne. Dr. Green, thank you for being here. Unfortunately, I'm in a very important meeting right now. This student will show you around and get you settled. Forgive me, but I need to get back."

He went back inside before we could even nod. Shocked by his rudeness, we looked at the student next to us who had raised eyebrows. His eyes met us, and once again, I was met with eyes haunted with a too familiar look. He smiled, although I could tell it was fake. "Hey, I guess I am your guide. I'm Kota. Kota Lee."