Run-Ins

Sean's POV

I sat behind Owen's desk, slowly turning in circles. Owen had glared at me from behind his black glasses before looking back at his file on a student who had transferred over from Greece a few years back. When the chair kept squeaking, Owen sighed and looked at me which made me stick out my tongue at him. "You are acting like a child, Sean."

I threw my arms out and groaned. "I'm so bored."

He rolled his eyes and stood up, straightening his suit and his tie. I chuckled at a prank I had done few years ago, involving his precious ties. I had stolen every tie and suit of his and replaced all of them with bright pink suits. He had to wear them until he gave in to my request.

Owen looked at me, narrowing his eyes as if he knew what I was thinking. I gave him my innocent smile which made him glare at me more. "I am going to try to talk to Principal Hendricks again. Why don't you go over your Japanese lesson for your class?"

He left before I spoke. As the door shut, I stuck my tongue out again. I sighed, letting my head thump back onto the back of the chair. I looked at the ceiling that had the bubbles or whatever it was. I frowned. I hate that type of ceiling.

Groaning, I sat up. I hated doing nothing, and I already knew my lesson I was going to teach like the back of my hand. Looking at the clock, I noticed that we had ten more minutes until the bell rang, signaling the end of the third class period. Fifteen more minutes until the lunch bell rings. I jumped out of the seat. Since owen wasn't here to tell me what to do or what not to do, I decided that I was going to walk around to familiarize myself with the school without being assaulted in the hallway.

Peeking out the door to make sure Owen was gone, I stepped out, making sure to lock the door. Looking to the left and the right, I frowned at which direction to go. Owen was going to the principal's office to the right so I should go to the left where my class for Japanese would be. I whistled as I walked down the corridors. I had turned three times when I discovered that I was lost. I had just passed my third hallway when a shout had me jumping in surprise.

"Why aren't you in class?" A growl came from behind me.

Turning, I smiled at the boy who towered over me. He made me hesitate for a moment. This person wasn't a guy I would want to get into a fight willingly. His dark hair was tousled and the glint of a gold earring sparkled in one of his ears. Dark eyes looked at me in anger, frustration, and suspicion. Shadows of a bad past lingered in his dark pupils. He was also dressed in black from neck to toes. Hiss outfit consisted of a black leather jacket, black t-shirt, black ripped jeans, and black combat boots.

I blinked at his outfit. A guy in black!! I pointed at him. "Ahh, the hallway monitor!"

The student frowned at me. "What class are you supposed to be in?"

I spluttered. He thought I was a student? I know that Owen would say I was a child sometimes but I didn't think that I would actually be mistaken for a student. "I- I'm not-"

He sighed before glaring at me. "Are you on pot?"

I blinked at him. "No! Why would you ask that?"

He lessened the glare at me before shrugging. "Some forget things when smoking pot."

I frowned. "First, I do not smoke pot. Secondly, I am not a student. I am one of the new teachers here."

The student looked at me before nodding. "Okay." He turned and started to walk away.

Looking around nervously, I called after him. "Wait!" He stopped and waited for me to join him. "Can you take me to room 305?"

His eyebrows furrowed before a look appeared in his eyes. Humor filled his eyes, and he smirked. "Are you lost?"

"No," I huffed. "Maybe a little bit. I'm Dr. Sean Green."

An eyebrow arched at the title but he didn't comment on it. "North Taylor."

He nodded towards the right. As we started to walk, I took out my phone. I groaned as the screen started to malfunction. North looked over at me and noticed my phone. "I have a friend who can fix that."

It was my turn to arch an eyebrow before nodding. "Sure. My phone recently got a bug, and I don't know what's happening."

He led me through the hallways until he came to the library. He led me through the library towards a guy who had a pair of Beats headphones covering his ears. North tapped the person's back, making the new student look at us. I blinked at his eyes. I wasn't a guy who'd describe a guy's eyes other than noticing the shadows of a bad past but this student's eyes were filled with a ferocity that raged like fire.

Owen's POV

I walked towards the principal's office. I was still vexed about his behavior earlier. Being a principal, he shouldn't have been yelling at anyone. As I turned a corner, I heard shouting before I saw them. A person standing in the middle of a hallway shaking his hand and cursing at the same time. His hair was two toned. Two strands of hair was bleached blonde and framed his face. The rest of his hair was a rich brown. He wore an black leather jacker over his orange t-shirt and distressed blue jeans. His crystal blue eyes held a coldness and a look so similar to those I've seen in the new recruit's eyes at the Academy.

Then I noticed the two bodies lying at his feet. They were two boys that were both bigger and more bulkier than him, but they were both unconscious. The boy who was cursing frowned at the two boys. "They still won't learn their lesson." He bent and rifled through their pockets. Standing I saw him holding small bags filled with white substance. "Fucking idiots. They know that this isn't their territory and they still dared to fuck with us." He muttered as he pulled out his phone and held it up to his ear. As he spoke, his voice was getting quieter as if he was walking away. "Hey, another gang was trying to sell drugs. No, I have them. Turn them over to Jenkins? Okay, I'll call him after I'm off with you."

I listened to him, frowning. Once he was gone, I leaned against the wall. What is going on here?