The Unknown

Owen POV

I finally found Sean who was standing in front of windows that overlooked the courtyard. He was leaning forward as if he was looking at someone. I frowned. Of course, he'd be distracted by something. Walking over to him, I grabbed his shoulder, making him jump in surprise. I felt my eyebrow twitch in surprise. Sean wasn't a guy to lose his surroundings easily. "What are you doing?"

He turned back towards the window, his eyes searching. "Ah!," He exclaimed as he pointed towards something in the courtyard. "There."

I looked to where he was pointing. My eyes searched for what Sean was pointing towards. I knew what he was looking at the moment I saw familiar people. The students that were assigned to me and Sean and whom I had seen throughout the day were sitting in the middle of the courtyard.

Luke who pulled me out of the crowd. Kota who showed me and Sean around. Nathan who gave us a warning. Gabriel and North who were arguing in the hallway over the unconscious bodies of other students. Victor who had a secret and Silas who had an odd injury. My assumption that they were all interconnected was true. But who was that eight person?

The eight person was smaller than the others. He was smaller than the smallest person in that group. He was clothed in a oversized black hoodie. His hood was pulled over his head, obscuring any view of his face or hair. He wore worn jeans and sneakers. By the way that they were acting, it seems that this new person was the leader of the group.

"Have you met him?" I asked Sean who hadn't taken his eyes away from them.

He shook his head. "No. I have a feeling that there is something deeper going on with them. They seem to act like more than friends. Almost like...a family. Maybe we can recruit them."

I pressed my lips together. He was true but I wasn't going to say that, but I was still suspicious towards them. The instance with Gabriel and North was very odd. "Maybe, but they could be involved with the drug problem around here."

Sean tilted his head. "I don't think so. When you left my doctor's office, another student appeared, and he told me something very interesting."

I waited for him to continue, but he didn't. I narrowed my eyes. "Well, what did he say?"

Sean chuckled at my reaction. I rolled my eyes. I swear that he's only in a team with me to provoke me into showing my reactions. "He went to the same elementary school and middle school with the seven of them. He said that they are nice but odd because they seemed to be like normal boys but they changed in middle school. He also said that when they began high school, they seemed to already be in control."

"In control?" I shared a look with Sean. "Even Principle Hendricks?"

Sean frowned. "That's odd. I don't see Principle Hendricks to be one to give up power."

I stared at him before saying one word. "Blackmail?"

Sean's expression became confused. "I don't know. Probably, but then they'd need a lot of blackmail to be in control of the school."

"Mr. Griffin stated that there would be a few people from his group in your Japanese class. Observe them." I said before reaching for my buzzing cellphone. The screen lit up with an unknown number. I frowned, seeing the unfamiliar number. Before I could answer it, the ringing suddenly stopped. Hmm, odd.

"What's wrong," Sean asked.

"Nothing," I slid my phone back into my pocket when it began to ring again. Turning my phone upwards, I noticed a text message from the unknown caller.

You better watch your back. School can be dangerous.

Sean started to hum as he looked around. Dismissing that text message for now, I looked at my best friend with a deadpan expression. "Are we going to eat?"

Sean smirked. "Well, I thought you'd never ask."

I shook my head slightly as Sean grabbed my arm and started to tug me down the hallway. I glanced out the windows, but my heart almost stopped beating when I noticed that the strange eight member of that family was staring straight at me.

A/N: Ahh! Finally updated. This book was second and tied with Blind love to be updated. I hope that you readers like this chapter. Tell me your thoughts!! <3 Azallya